Bulgaria Discussion Forum

Discussions regarding holidays in Bulgaria
Good to hear you had a good time and nice report. Don't forget to put a review on the Korona on the hotel review section if you can as it will assist later travellers.

:sun2 Toonman
Thankyou Hazy.
We are booked to go in the middle of july to this hotel and i felt the reports of food in your rooms was silly.
Can you tell me what its like to get a sunbed there and is the pool ok.
Also is there any english language tv at this hotel?
Been to sunny beach four times and stayed in different hotels each time.
Thanks again
Hi Apollo

Getting a sunbead should very easy, there were plenty to go around. One word of caution though is that they are wooden and very uncomfortable. we bought 2 lilo's just to place over the sunbeds to reduce the backache! :duh

pool was fine, had a kiddies section and then a decent sized deeper pool, was a bit chilly at first, but warmed through the day

i would recommend you get some sunbed mats or something to take with you.

There are some english channels, mtv, eurosport, and BBC world news. There is some naughty stuff later on at night so if your taking children be wary of that.

Nearly all the bars we went in had access to practically every channel all over the world. we managed to watch the BBC coverage of the formula one british grand prix in one place which i was very surprised about

Hope you have a great time
Thanks Hazy for the heads up.
Will take your advice and be sure to sort something for the sunny beds :) Well at least mtv,i just like something to watch whilst getting changed and yes im aware of the adult channels some hotels have :oops:

thanks
Hi, We are staying in this hotel in September, can you tell me is the air conditioning free and is the fridge a mini bar or for customers own use?

Thanks
Hi Simmey

Air conditioning is free, and isnt the most powerful system in the world but i found it quite cool at night anyway so you might be surprised.

The fridge isnt a mini bar, its just a fridge within your room for you to keep your own things in.

Hope that helps
Thanks for that info, great help, do you think it will be OK to keep some cheese and olives in the fridge, I love some nibbles with a glass of wine on the balcony in the early evening, but I don't want to get fined for having food in the room, do you think that rule only applies if someone is trying to make sandwiches or something?

Also do you know the price of a glass of white wine in resort - hubby will be delighted with the cost of a large beer you mentioned!! :cheers
I think you will be absolutely fine with that Simmey. I dont think the fines really exsist to be honest, more of a deterrent i would imagine - i mean is it in their best interests to fine a guest of theirs? I wouldnt of thought so. . . Certainly the information from the Balkan holiday rep we had didnt say anything about food in rooms.

I think if you were taking loads of takeway food into your rooms that might draw a little attention, but other than that i dont see an issue. We saw plenty of other people around the pool tucking into snacks etc and as i said earlier almost on a daily basis we were enjoying crisps, or icecreams.

Not sure about the price of a glass of wine in the many bars/restaurants sorry, however i'm sure it won't cost very much! Supermarket wine was extremely cheap, some bottled stuff selling for about 3 lev - although i cant comment on the taste!

Hope you have a great time
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.