Spain - Costa Del Sol/Gibraltar Discussion Forum

Discussions regarding holidays in the Costa Del Sol.
Lovely report Shirley. Many thanks and glad to hear you had such a good time :tup
Sounds a lovely place Shirley, you certainly got around and made the most of it. :)
My internet connection was really slow this morning and it took me ages to upload those two photos. Sanji's in the process of putting something together for me and as soon as it's sorted I should have a link to my photos.

Thanks for offering to do this Sanji, you're always a reliable source of help on the costa del Sol forum :tup x
Looks like you had a super few days Shirley :)
And- is that a miracle I see? Photos on the gallery???
Fiona wrote:
Looks like you had a super few days Shirley :)
And- is that a miracle I see? Photos on the gallery???

No miracle Fiona, :( my account settings still allow me to access the gallery.
The aspect ratio of the video is all wrong, the software in TV is trying to convert a 4.3 into a 16.9.
So, if you click on the little square button on the bottom right hand side of the frame (next to where it says HD) and select keep aspect ratio, the photos won't be stretched.

Sanji x
Anyway, back on track......
Glad you had a nice time and that you visited Mijas and Malaga.

Sanji
Thanks for all your comments. Yes, I was determined to visit Mijas and hubby and I were so glad we did, it was lovely. I wasn't so certain about visiting Malaga, especially as I'd bought my wedding outfit back home and didn't really need to shop but in the end we decided we may as well take the train and spend a couple of hours there.

Unfortunately, we missed the Easter processions as we didn't go until the Saturday. We could see where the processions had been as all the make-shift tables, chairs and arenas were still in place waiting to be dismantled and picked up.

Forgot to say in my report that I had a fish pedicure in the new place in la Carihuela :)
Im staying at the Cabello in early may so was interested to read your report, glad you had a good holiday.
Thanks shirley, one thing as its only a small hotel is there a dining room or do you just go into the bar for breakfast and help yourself?
you can eat your breakfast in the bar area which only has about 4 tables or on one of the many tables outside in the square, which is what we did most days. You don't help yourself though, they ask if you'd like tea or coffee and then they bring it to you along with a freshly toasted crusty baguette and a couple of sachets of butter and jam. it's the same every day and does become boring after a few days but for the price of the room you can't really expect more. We went out for breakfast on a couple of days.
Thanks shirley, thats fine for me looking forward to staying here as ive heard a lot of good reports, who actually owns this place? Is it family run?
Yes, it's run by a family plus a couple of other staff. They are helpful and polite but do keep themselves to themselves unless you specifically start a conversation with them. They have no problem in getting you a night cap from the bar if you get back late in the evening and there are often a few locals drinking outside in the evening. It's a vey laid back hotel. The only negative really is that the walls are thin and you can here if the people next door snore :duh
Sounds good shirley, one other thing if you dont mind, is the reception seperate from the bar/restauraunt entrance. and do you have 24 hour access?
No, there isn't a reception as such. There is a small bar which is also used as reception. As far as I know you do have 24 hour access although the latest we've ever got in was at about 2am. That's the only time the main doors were closed and all was quiet but as the glass doors are directly in front of the bar/reception, the night security came to open the doors and welcome us back. He didn't seem in the least put out and I think he was used to it. It's the same man that's on duty overnight up until about 9am the next morning and he is a very pleasant man.

The first time we stayed here we put in a request for a double bed which is what we got but this time we ended up with twins despite requesting a double on booking and again in an e0mail about a week before we went. The room was bigger than the double though. If you want a bit of a sea view, request a room at the front.
Thank you very much, youve been very helpful.
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.