Spain - Costa Del Sol/Gibraltar Discussion Forum

Discussions regarding holidays in the Costa Del Sol.
Thanks for the review Elaine. Will have a look for the nudist beach - not heard of that one. We go to Benal Natura which is just the other side of Benalmadena. Lovely little nudist beach with a bar that serves nice lunches. Off to Montimar 4 weeks on Tuesday. We were also in Benidorm Spring Bank week just gone. Love both resorts for different reasons.
Thanks for your post Elaine, I'm well miffed that you were in the resort at the same time as myself.
You did a lot of walking.!!!!
Apart from walking back from Torremolinos a couple of times and walking to/from Arroyo de la Miel, we didn't walk or go very far this holiday, I'm saving all the walking and filming for September, although I was sorry I didn't take the camcorder with me when I had a perfect view from the apartment balcony of the fantanstic fireworks display in Benalmádena about 12.30/ 1 am on Thursday morning....I thought Benidorm could put on a good display, but TBH the one in Benalmádena was better and I was annoyed that I couldn't capture it on film because at the very last minute I decided not to take the camcorder. :duh
It sounds like you walked to Playa de Guadalmar and the estuary is where the (river) Río Gaudalhorce flows into the sea....I've never walked that far, I've got to the end of Los Alamos and turned back, although years ago I was put into a hotel in Guadalmar next to the beach for the day by the TO when the plane was delayed.

The park in Montemar is called Parque la Bateria.
http://www.holidaytruths.co.uk/viewtopic.php?f=87&t=123247

Sanji
That's quite amazing, Elaine... I could have written the walking parts of your post myself... those are exactly the walks we do when we go to our place in Torreblanca, except mostly we take the train to Torremolinos and walk back.. I honestly do believe an inordinate number of people either don't know or forget how much the coast has to offer, away from the too often played up, and played out, Monty Python Carling Black Label send-up.
We're back out the week after next and can't wait to get our trainers on...
Hi
Nice to read this as we are off to La Carihuela on Thursday... we can not wait !!
Will try cheers and Dark side of moon.
Ive just looked at 10 day weather forcast and it says hot and clear till thursday then cloudy for our first 3 days :-)...all you regulars out there please tell me im worrying about nothing with the weather as we have not been abroad for 4 years cos of our little one and we have been looking forward to the holiday for a year!

Jo x
You'll be fine and so will the weather... with the searing heat you get coming up to July, a wee bit of morning cloud cover won't go amiss... also don't go by the forecast as being one size fits all... it can be different from town to adjacent town.. cloudy in one and wall to wall sunshine in the next.. the latter is more likely.
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.