Bulgaria Discussion Forum

Discussions regarding holidays in Bulgaria
tinymcfc

What a great review.

Unfortunately there has been a few not so good reports about Bulgaria so its good to read your very positive review. This will be a great help to people who havent visited before and who have booked for 2010.

You have said that you found Bulgaria to be more expensive than you were led to believe but honestly the prices there are SO cheap compared to other popular holiday destinations. We have visited the Algarve and Ibiza this year and have to say that the prices in Ibiza in particular were pretty steep! I am sure Bulgaria will continue to be excellent value for the next few years at least.
Forgot to mention an unforgettable night at Khans tent, absolutely fantastic, something I'll remember for a long time. 80 Lev pp including, 4 course meal, bottle of wine each (with fanta if you dont drink, or can be swapped for large beer), coach there and back and some of the best entertainment ive seen. Amazing night. I would post pictures but it says I dont have enough posts.
Great report Tinymcfc. I was in Sunny Beach (our 2nd annual visit) from 31st August until 11th September. The weather was great until 7th September, when you arrived. That Monday was horrendous and we didnt leave the hotel all day.
Sorry to hear about your flight delays, especially in Bourgas at the end of your holiday. It is not the ideal airport to spend time. I can remember us having a 9hour delay, coming home about 4years ago but we were lucky, we checked our luggage in and went back to the resort with our Bulgarian friend and had a fantastic evening with them before they took us back to the airport for the flight home!"
There are many places in Sunny Beach where you can eat and drink at more than half the prices you quoted. We always use restaurants used by the locals.
Hi Tinymcfc

Great report.

If you havent already done so, would really appreciate you posting your reviewon the hotel, which you will find HERE

Kath x
good to read about your trip. We had 2 great weeks in August, loved it even more than usual.

I think a lot of people on their first trip to Sunny Beach can spend half their time trying to find the their way round.
it can be difficult if you are a bit away from the centre on your first visit.
After the first time, its easy.

Can i just give St Vlas another plug. It might not have the same status or history as Nessebar, but for 1 lev on the bus, its worth a look, even if just for lunch.

2010 cant come soon enough, just hope the flight only rip off prices come down a bit.
We were delayed on that flight back as well. Something fishy about it, especially the large plane with double aisles and lots of empty seats. And who managed to make all those free sandwiches so quickly? It isn't a great airport to spend when there is a delay though, complete lack of seats.
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.