Flight Only / Airline and Airports

Discussions relating to flight only, airlines and airports.
You should be able to lump them together, but I think it depends on the airline.

However, worth noting that each case cannot way more than 30-32kg each.

Have a good holiday.

Kath x
Thanks kath.Yeah i know about the 32kg thing,we did have a case that used to weigh up to 30 kg and a holdall but was always worried the case would go over so bought 2 smaller ones.The big case always ended up in a bit of a mess as well... i spose it was hard for the baggage handlers to lift so they'd end up tossing it however they could
ndshelton

Hi we are flying with Thomson's and there are 4 of us and used to take 3 cases between all of us and we got told not so long ago by Thomsons that we can't pool luggage, so we are having to take 4 cases this year, I don't know who you are flying with but it's best to check with your to first to be sure you won't be charged anything ;)
But its madness isnt it.They would rather us take 4 cases weighing 80kg rather than 3 weighing 60?
this sort of thing makes me think the worlds gone mad.
2 of our party are kids so 4 cases is just not practical
We flew with Monarch recently and we could put our allowance together.
airlines have different criteria.. some allow you to pool baggage up to say 30 kg max per bag, others [Thomson is but one] insist the allowance is per person so each members of the party can take one bag max [15/20 kg] if the max per person bag weight is exceeded then they WILL charge excess baggage whether or not you have exceeded your total party allowance, this has 3 results .. firstly cash for the airline for any bag over weight, secondly less problems with manual handling for the baggage crew, kids have to tow their own baggage making it easy for you :rofl

there is a full discussion in the hold baggage thread in the flights forum

wiz
Dont forget that the weight allowance is 15 kg now and you have to pay extra if you want to carry up to 20kg .Most airlines demand separate cases now ,best to check your tickets and your airline .Loads of people are being caught out like this .There is a large topic on the site already about this subject maybe one of the mods will merge them.

Bluepeterno1
bluepeterno1 wrote:
Dont forget that the weight allowance is 15 kg now and you have to pay extra if you want to carry up to 20kg .

Not necessarily, it depends on the airline/tour operator. It varies between 15kgs and 20kgs. As has been stated, some operators allow you to pool luggage and other don't.

As the OP hasn't said which airline she is travelling with it's not possible to give specific information. However there will be a topic for the airline in our Flights topic where further advice can be sought.

I shall lock this one to avoid repetition in the forums. Please post in the appropriate airline topic.

luci :wave
Holiday Truths Forum
Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.