Spain - Balearics - Majorca Discussion Forum

Discussions regarding holidays in Majorca.
Hi copper, calm down lol. Different airports have different regs. Go online to the airport you are leaving from and you will find a list there, and also the size of hand luggage allowed. Just type in the name of the airport on your search engine if you dont know the web address. Most won't allow liquids, lip gloss, and such. Or ring the airport and ask. There's also some information on the airline thread on this site, you could check there. All airports are telling passengers to allow extra time for the security measures, so check that too. Good luck, and look forward to hearing all about it, lol. Take care, love Linda x :gluck :glynis
no liquids until you pass screening , you can buy in departure lounge . no make up , lipstick etc , no lighters , but you can take bags thru now , laptops etc . empty all pockets take off shoes belts etc at screening
Best to check on airport website as it may differ from airline/tour operator. Birmingham Airport says the total width of hand luggage has to be 16cm including pockets, wheels etc - both our bags measure 17cm wide!

They also state that if you take a handbag it must fit inside your handluggage - not 2 separate pieces of luggage!

Will have to take shoes etc off to be scanned - clean socks all round! Plus any pushchairs will also have to be x-rayed. They x-rayed ours last year too - without the baby in it I might add!

I normally put all my toiletries in my hand luggage but due to the security status no liquids, pastes gels etc allowed in hand luggage. Will have to put into the hold luggage.

So not sure wether bothering with hand luggage this year - we fly out Saturday - Very excited! Big kid! Might just take hand bag with tickets, passports etc.

There again useful for camera's etc.

Decisions! Decisions!
:yikes

Anyway I hope you have an absolutely fab time! Remember to relax and take it all in - your holiday starts when you leave for the airport!!!

Let us all know how your trip went when you get back!!

Have a good one! :fly :glynis :glynis :wave :lol:
Thanks for your replies and wishes for a good holiday. It is now 5.35 am and I haven't slept a wink all night, just got back from casualty :cry: My 19 year old daughter collapsed last night and they think that she may have a mild form of epilepsy, was getting worried that this holiday wasn't going to happen at all.................but as long as she's ok that's all that matters.

We fly out at 3.15 so gonna go and try and have a bit of sleep.

Hippyjak, hope you have a great time out there, will be looking forward to hearing how you've gone on.

If I don't make it back on here tomorrow, hope everyone who is going away has a great time and to the rest of you, many thanks for helping me and putting my mind at rest, take care and I'll "see" you all next week. xxxx :roll:
Oh no! Poor you! Hope your daughter's ok now. Is your daughter travelling with you.

Might be worth a mention to your holiday insurance people. If anything should happen while your away at least you know you'd be covered..

You don't want to come home to a nasty bill.

The hospital's out there are super.

But let's hope that you don't visit them!

Probably just one of those things - might never happen again.

Enjoy your hols! :lol:
Hi Copper :) , My you have had some dramas, :shock: I hope your daughter is OK and I hope you have a brilliant holiday, you need one after all this . Take care and enjoy yourself. :)
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.