Bulgaria Discussion Forum

Discussions regarding holidays in Bulgaria
Hi Tony, Glad to hear he's on his way to another well earned rest.

:sun2 Toonman
Hi guys,

In Evksinograd at the moment, having had a great flight with Bulgaria Air on Friday - arrived in Varna bang on time.

It was very hot yesterday, with a spectacular thunderstorm yesterday evening/night, which has cleared the air a bit and made everything fresher today.

Petrol & diesel prices, for those who may be planning to hire vehicles, are somewhat cheaper than the UK, with diesel averaging 2.53 Leva in the Varna area (just over £1), petrol a little cheaper.

The bus fares have gone up from Evksinograd to Varna Centrum - the 109, 409, etc., services from Golden Sands now 1.30 Leva (from the Evksinograd bus stop) instead of last year's 1 Lev but the number 8 service from Sveti Konstantin i Elena to Varna is still only 80 Stotinki from the same bus stop.

Will try to give updates, when I can obtain WiFi access.

Best wishes,

Baldur
Have a good time- I'm sure you will though :)
We have had spectacular thunderstorms here as well- pity it just doesn't come along with days of wall to wall sunshine too. :(
Thanks Fiona,

Just had a walk around Sveti Konstantin i Elena - the resort did not appear to be very busy but the bad news was that the cost of using a W.C. there (if you don't know any free ones ;) ) has gone up from 50 to 70 Stotinki.

The only hotel which looked to be reasonably busy (from the number of bodies around the pool) was the Sirius.

The Sunny Day beach appeared to be full at first sight, but many lines of parasols were vacant on closer inspection.

The Chernomorets Bar/Restaurant & Diablo night club is no more, having been demolished to make way for yet another hotel complex.

Baldur
Hi Baldur

Thanks for the update and glad you're enjoying yourself. :tup
luci :wave
Have a great time Baldur and thanks for popping in :cheers :sun2
Hi Baldur,

I hope you have a nice holiday!
Enjoy yourself Baldur. Am very jealous still 3 weeks to go before the end of term and then I have to wait until the 17th August before I can fly out. Nels
I know how you feel Nels - we fly out on the 17th too (from Gatwick) - it seems ages away :(
:wave: have great holiday Baldur just two more days and we will be in golden sands :sun2 :cheers
Blagodarya vi mnogo (thank you very much) everyone,

I have been out of touch this week, having had my neighbour, Petar, a nearby villager, Kiro and his daughter cutting the waist-high grass (with scythes) in my 1,000 sq. metre garden and clearing the rubbish with a pony & cart.

My Bulgarian has improved somewhat, as none of them speak any English.

I have managed to source 500ml bottles of Kamenitza for 64 Stotinki, so may have to acquire a few dozen, as most of the villagers appear to have invited themselves to celebrate my birthday the week after next. I have been told that I must buy a 'torta sis smetana' (cake with cream) for the event! Had my first birthday present of 2 litres of domashna (home produced) rakia this morning.

Chao za sega (Bye for now),

Baldur
Hi Baldur, Isn't life tough. ;) Having a pint whilst watching the workers.
Hope you have a lovely birthday party with your friends and neighbours. Sounds like the whole village will be there so it had better be a big cake. :cheers

:sun2 Toonman
all the best Baldur ....I sure you'll have a ball :wave:
Hope the preparations are steaming ahead for the birthday celebrations Baldur. doonhammer are you heading to Varna? I'm flying from Heathrow, going via Vienna with Austrian airlines on the 17th and is the hammer part becuase you are a West Ham fan?
Sorry, Nels, we're flying Gatwick-Bourgas, off to Nessebar :D
I'm afraid you misread my name - it's doonHAMEr because I'm a Queen of the South fan - their nickname is the Doonhamers, also applied to a native of Dumfries, where they (& I) come from.
celebrate my birthday the week after next
erm is this then the 14th (yesterday?) or later?
:rofl
Anyway, have a good one B. :cheers
*question is offcourse how much is left in the bottle rakia these days.... :think ;)

ENJOY
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.