Spain - Canary Islands - Gran Canaria Discussion Forum

Discussions regarding holidays in Gran Canaria.
I've added these apartments to our review site. Please Click Here to add your review.

It seems these apartments are up a hill and also 3k from Puerto Rico. Click Here for more information.
Balito Beach apartments are about 2 km from Puerto Rico back towards Arguineguin.
There is no beach to speack of, only a rocky cove. The Anfi beach is about 500m away around the headland.
The apartments are easily accessable from the main coast road but the resort is not close to any real facilities.
As I said the Anfi complex is just around the headland so those facilities are within walking distance but for anything else you will need a taxi or the local bus to go to Puerto Rico or Arguineguin
The Anfi beach is open to the public although complexes are not accessible to non members. It is a beautiful beach and can get busy at the weekend when there seems to be an influx of the locals! You have access to the Marina, heart shaped island, beachfront cafes and the Spa. There is free entertainment each night on the Plaza. There is a carboot sale at Balito every Sunday starting at 12 and apparently has kids entertainment etc.
Helen
Thanks for the info, much appreciated.

Will now be looking for different accomodation, somewhere nearer the centre of Puerto Rico.

Cheers
El Greco are very good. They are near the beach, no hills to climb, very clean and about 10 mins walk through the park to the Commercial centre with bars and restaurants. We stayed there in March. Also the Rio Piedras they are good too. They have just been refurbished.
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.