Spain - Costa Brava Discussion Forum

Discussions regarding holidays in the Costa Brava.
just as a generalisation, i have found this year that the euro prices in the bars and retaurants in Lloret have largely stayed the same as last year.
the only difference i have seen is that the hotels seem to have increased their base prices, probably just the normal cost of living rises, and so it makes it much more expensive than last year because of the fall in value of the euro.
there are cheap deals to be had, but you have to look a bit harder than last year and almost search on a daily basis to get a reasonable deal.
Hi jimd-f

Its not the value of the Euro thats dropped, but our great pound :( :( :(
Our mistake for not joining up to the Euro when we had the chance, but that's just a personal view. I actually have a selfish reason for wanting the pound to remain weak against the euro, even though i do holiday in Spain!!

As for bar prices, i've ALWAYS thought they were expensive, especially in places like Estartit. Even when the pound was stronger against the euro, i was paying £3-£4 for a drink, and i certainly wouldn't pay anything like that locally back home! Therefore, the weak pound makes it even less likely for me to visit bars in the area

If i can get a bottle of Jim Beam for €12-15 why bother!! :rofl
Well, it will certainly be interesting to see what those bars who rely on British custom do .... they can either try to be realistic (let's be honest, charging €5 for a shot of something you can buy a bottle of in the supermarket for €15 is ripping the p***) or they can be empty!!

... sadly what seems to have been happening in places like Estartit is that they just close down and vanish!!
CM I've noticed that over the years that places just shut up and dissapear.

The only place I remember from Montgri still being there is the Saratoga, thats purely because of the location I think.

Though i'll be in the supermarket buying my alcohol and not the bar.

Helen
It's a couple of years since i've been, so i'm actually wondering how many of the ol' bars and restaurants will be left?

I'm assuming the Saratoga will still be there given it's proximity to the campsite, but what others still remain that may appeal to travelling Brits?
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.