Caribbean Discussion Forum

Discussions regarding holidays in the Caribbean
I was there in June/July (a long time ago) when I was married.

Yes, we did have bursts of rain - but it was warm light rain, and I remember my husband lying on a sunbed until it had passed lol and we were laughing at him!

Unfortunately, we came home just before Cropover.

Kath x
thanks Kath
we have had "liquid sunshine" every time we have been. And in October we had a few iffy days. I will still enjoy it whatever :)
Hi Fiona, I am still debating next year's holiday and Barbados is 1 option ( like yourself I am struggling with Far East flights) , have you found any reasonable flights for Barbados?
£1471 for the two of us from Aberdeen :) (Opodo)

(ps I am in Cancun right now :rofl - am actually getting to the stage where I am sick fed up of the holiday planning getting nowhere. Can't remember ever feeling like before)
:rofl I know the feeling Fiona , I just want to make a decision, but I need it to be the right one, I am going around the world myself :rofl

:offtop we went to Cancun years ago in July and I must say the weather was fantastic....although you can be unlucky I suppose.
I have just seen a holiday for 2 of us for just over 2 grand at the ButterFly Beach apartments in Barbados , which do look basic, but I don't mind basic and we can use it as a base for exploring the island , I saw it on Virgin Holidays website. :)
To be honest, if you want to explore then you can only really afford basic unless you are loaded :rofl
And no way am I going AI again. Far too expensive and then you can't afford to go out and about to the many great restaurants. ( been there and done that with AI on Barbados)
My only concern about Barbados is that you have to have Simon Cowell's wallet to eat out there :rofl

After holidays in the Far East and Goa , where it is just so cheap maybe Barbados will come as a bit of a shock ?
well thats it all booked. Off to Sunswept in Holetown and Bougainvillea just outside of St Lawrence Gap :)
Brilliant news Fiona :tup at least that's one of us sorted.
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.