Algarve/Portugal/Madeira/Azores Discussion Forum

Discussions regarding holidays in the Algarve
Sorry, it's a sports channel that you have to subscribe to. It costs about £11 a month in England and shows premier football, ultimate fighting, and various other sporting events.
Ah thanks :tup Thought I was missing out on something :rofl ;)
I would think that Kelly's probably have. What you have to remember is that sometimes the bars use non UK channels to get British sport eg MEO which is Portugals cable service and shows lots of UK sports
Now that ESPN only has three Premier League games a month a lot of bars will drop it because the Monday night games are almost always on Portuguese Sport TV, which is a lot cheaper and also shows Saturday afternoon games which of course ESPN and Sky cannot.

(Conversely Sport TV cannot show the Sunday afternoon games except on Easter Sunday and on the weekend between Christmas and New Year when Portuguese football is closed.)

It is of course technically illegal to re-broadcast Sky and ESPN in Portugal!
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.