Germany, Benelux and Northern Europe Discussion Forum

Discussions regarding holidays in Germany, Benelux and Northern Europe.
Bavaria Recipes
7 Posts
Glad to hear you had a great holiday :tup

I've snooped around and found this receipe from Germany & it says serve with noodles or dumplings so may be near to what you had:-

http://www.hungrymonster.com/recipe/recipe-search.cfm?Course_vch=German&ttl=1&Recipe_id_int=45284
Thanks very much Glynis.

That sounds just like it. I will have a go with that recipe, serviced with some nice pork and semmelknudel!
Hello, cooled down then?

I think you've got a letter wrong, is it rahmsoße that you meant? I've found a site which currently shows 151 recipes with it but they're all in German !!! http://www.kochbar.de/rezept/suche/index/suchbegriff/rahmso%C3%9Fe

I cheated to get what I wanted, I went into a bookshop in Rosenheim and got a brilliant Alpine recipe book for €2.99 !!
Hi Steve

Thanks for the link. Next time I will do what you did a source a recipe book whilst I am there. Yes you could be right, it could start with rahm. It was a very long word!! Think I will email the hotel and ask them!

Yes we cooled down a little bit the second week but wow the first week was scorching. In fact it was too hot to do alot of walking. Think we both came back with the best sun tans ever!!

In fact, we enjoyed the holiday, apartment and area so much we have booked the same two weeks for 2011, and for the same price which was an absolute bargain. Think we will do another stop off in the Zum Erdinger, just purely for the food they serve there!!
Wow what a speedy reply from Hotel Zum Erdinger. They have confirmed it was "Rahmschwammerl" (mushrooms in cream)
with bread dumpling and fresh herbs.

If a moderator wants to add Hotel Zum Erdinger, Erding Munich I will post a review.
Hotel added to Other Destinations Sugarbabe61. Will look forward to reading your review :tup
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.