Malta and Gozo Discussion Forum

Discussions regarding holidays in Malta and Gozo.
the sauce can be good,but its what they put in the bragioli??
I agree malta31,
I posted this link just because I thought some people would like a general idea of Maltese recipes, however as recipes were passed down the families, I doubt if there are any "official" Maltese recipes are there?
The shock of an English woman asking the butcher for "Bragioli thickness beef slices" often inspires people to share their version of the recipe with me - I have heard quite a few over the years!
My local butcher makes two types of Maltese sausage, apart from the regular that can safely be eaten raw, he also has a low salt /low fat version for cooking, I like to add this to my bragioli filling. I also add a couple of glasses of red wine and a bayleaf to the sauce.
So are you going to share your own version of the bragioli recipe, or is it a trade secret? :wink:
I just added my pictuer at the side here
<<<<<<<
This is me after eating too many passtizzis :oops:
Mmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm pastizzi, qmaret, wudy rolls, arancina, pizelli, tasty hot pizza slices, timpana, ham and cheese pies, all sooooooooooo tasty and nice washed down with the king of soft drinks Kinnie, just love those wonderfull Maltese pastries, but not so good for the waistline.
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.