Egypt Discussion Forum

Discussions regarding holidays in Egypt.
I have just booked the Red Sea Holiday Village, this has a conventional beach, albeit coarse sand so that you can go into the sea from the waters edge. Its up at Nabq I think. Assume the Tropicana Grand Azure which is next door is the same.

Red Sea Holiday Village will probaby have loads of kids at it though, although in theory the Easter Hols should be over by end of April. Thought I would mention it as it might be your idea of a holiday nightmare. lol.

Doe :sun2
Have a look at the Baron Hotel which is next to the Conrad so you know the beach is lovely already :sun2
Phyll
Have a look at the Baron Hotel which is next to the Conrad so you know the beach is lovely already :sun2 Phyll

HI Phil, thanks, we thought about this option and checked out Monarch/Cosmos. However the price they are charging for end April 09 is a bit rude!
A couple of people at the Coral Sea Imperial (ex-Conrad) told me it has the best beach of any hotel in Sharm, having stayed there you'll know how good the beach and sea access are.

I suppose that's the big advantage of being one of the older hotels, it was built in a prime location.

Good luck with your search! :tup
Thanks all.

Pippy, have you been back to ex-Conrad recently? Is the young lad Mohammad still working at the beach bar and pool room?

Since the take over? Any reviews.
We can confirm that Mohammed is still working there, or at least he was at Christmas.
We stayed there previously in 2005 and he recognised us on the beach in 2008!
When I stayed close to the room one day(!), Mohammed deserted the bar, disappeared for a while and returned with a hot peppermint tea for me which he insisted I drink! His friendliness was the major contributing factor to our holiday enjoyment.
His friendliness was the major contributing factor to our holiday enjoyment.

I could not agree with you more!

P.S we have ended up booking CSR for April. Can't wait.
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.