Goa Discussion Forum

Discussions regarding holidays in Goa.
hi ive just came back on xmas day and the shack we used was wether spoon on baga beach. the guys there are superb and when you walk on to the sand they will take your towel off you and have a sunbed ready for you before you get down. the food is very good. there is a shower and a decent toilet. 8) enjoy whichever you use. neil
Walk up the road from the Prazeres towards the beach and you come to a T junction. Turn left and then immediately right and that road leads you down to the beach. As you get to the beach there are ...errmm...4 shacks.

Each of these is very good, but I think the best is Bob Marley shack (they play a surprisingly little amount of reggae music in case you were wondering). Bob Marley shack is hard right as you hit the beach, usually set towards the back of the beach.

They have a good loo but no shower - don't know of any that do have showers down that end of the beach. I assume it is to wash the salt off, which I find very agravating usually but the sea isn't that salty in Candolim so yo don't get the salt residue all over you from the seathat you might elsewhere.

It'll take you about 10 minutes tops to walk there from The Prazeres or you could jump in a taxi for 50 rupees or if you 're there in March I'll give you a lift.
We stayed in Candolim last year and used a shack called Calamari's which was really clean, gorgeous food and had a shower too!! It must be a pretty good shack, whilst we were there that famous italian chef, I think he's called Antonio Carluccio or something was there so the food must be ok??

The shack is signposted from the main road but you need to be past the Victor Exotica hotel toward Congo bar, as you approach a parade of shops on your right (I know there is a sports shop but can't remember what its called), you need to take the dirt track (cos that's all it is!!) down to the beach, you will then come to Calamari's. There were only a few beach shacks along this stretch of beach so it was fairly quite and you didn't get bothered by too many beach sellers.
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.