General Holiday Enquiries, Hints and Tips

General Holiday Enquiries? Got General Hints & Tips? Post Them Here.
I get my hair plaited up or cornrowed, because that's one less thing to worry about on holiday, and I don't have to pack hair bands and combs/brushes, etc. Plus, when my hair get's wet, it goes all afro-y und unmanagable >.<

That's about it for beauty regimes :|
Hi Kerrie, yes the false nails do seem a bit 'false' when you first get them done, and it takes a bit of practice to undo buttons etc. I think the trick is not to have them too long!!
In fact one year I had them done, and when I got home, I couldn't undo my seat belt, as my nails were too long!! Had to phone my hubby on mobile (that was tricky too) and get him to come out and release me!! I had to go back the next day and have them cut down a bit....
I also set fire to one of them on holiday last year trying to light a ciggy in the wind!!!
This year I didn't bother getting them done.....
Denny
4 weeks till I go on holiday

Have been going to the sun beds for the last 2 weeks, and will go for another 3 weeks.
Week before I go, get my hair cut, and the nigh before, go to the swimming pool, nice relaxing swim, and Jacuzzi

Before heading of
:rofl Denny that was funny about the ciggy :rofl Mind you i can see me doing that :duh

Oh noooooo i wont be able to text, never thought of that :think Mind you i am getting them done on thurday night and i am off at stupid oclock on saturday ( phone is not allowed on holiday )so i dont suppose it really matters.

Thanks Denny

kerrie
Well I've got all my pre-holiday pampering booked in.

Get my hair cut and coloured 12 days before I go.

4 days before I go I'm going for the dreaded bikini wax, eyebrow tint, facial and body brushing :)

Really looking forward to it, I love been pampered!!!
Hi Kerrie,
As long as you don't have acrylics nails too long you should be ok with them, and acrylics are pretty strong (much stronger than gel nails) so even if you do knock them they shouldn't break. But I have found that some suntan lotions can make them go a bit funny (that can also happen with normal nail varnish though so I prefer to have french tips and not use polish), its usuallly the clear quick-drying ones that do it (the ones with high alcohol content) creams and oils are normally fine. Be careful if you are using mozzie repellant (esp ones with deet in in them) as this can 'melt' them a bit. They will normally last 3-4 weeks although nail technicians say 2 weeks but I've had them on for 4 weeks and they have been fine. They are a pain to take off though, this is where Gel nails are better as you can soak them off.
Most places do cut your own nails down, well the ones I've been to do anyway.
Hope that helps,
Caroline
Thanks caroline

You have been a great help :tup I had to move my appointment from thursday evening to friday lunch time as eldest son can now make it for the all you can eat ( well it is for his birthday ) I didnt want to get them done and then go for the meal because i wasnt sure if food will stain them or not.
I bet you any money i will be that paranoid about them staining or snapping that i will spend about 7 days into the holiday doing nothing but worrying about them. :duh

Thanks again

Kerrie
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.