General Holiday Enquiries, Hints and Tips

General Holiday Enquiries? Got General Hints & Tips? Post Them Here.
Always take my L'occitane hand cream, don't go anywhere without that - my own hero product and my usual decleor moisturiser.
Hi mari

I have to take a moisturising lotion or have an aftersun with a shimmer in to use when ive had my shower before going for evening meal, Its my holiday thing :que I always buy new bottles nail varnish and some costume jewellry like bangles and toe rings too.

:sun2 LFF.x
I also like my aftersun with a hint of shimmer, nail varnishes is another .
Have started buying new costume jewellry and a few new pairs of sunglasses. :sun2
Re pamper products, I usually buy some moisturiser, shower gel and body spray to match my perfume, in Duty Free on the way out to wherever I'm going. What I can't live without depends a bit where I'm going. If it's a sun holiday I always take some aftersun tan maintainer with me. And 1 or 2 of those travel sponges - the flat ones that puff up a bit when wet.
Miss Pink those are 2 products I love too i'm currently using Hydrafloral I love it. Have you tried Decleor handcream thats lovely too.

I always buy Elizabeth Arden set on plane where you get 8 hour cream which i use on my lips.

I also buy sanctuary handcream just for holiday as it has an spf in it. :)
I don't take hand cream on hols as I find that the constant applying of sun protection tends to keep my hands soft and moisturised. I always take a tan accelerator/maximiser and an after sun with insect repellant although I wouldn't actually call that a beauty product :think

I like to use a face bronzer and have to take my own shampoo,conditioner and shower gel whether the hotel supplies them or not. My make-up must haves (apart from the bronzer) are some tinted moisturiser, eye shadow, liner, mascarra and lipstick. I take a nice perfume but use it sparingly as I'm afraid the mossies might like it :D
I have to say I take the lot with me, I would say I never leave without my Loreal Eye make up remover as in spain where I go its really expensive, also my touche eclat, my elemis tan accelerator, my Avon aftersun (its a godsend) and my mac lipsticks.. but as I said I take everything with me..cant live without my toiltries on my jollies.. :wave:
Almost forgot- have to take some make-up removal wipes with me.

can anybody recommend a moisturising lipstick with a bit of a shimmer please?
Shirley - yes I always take some bronzer too. Not sure what colour you're after for lipstick, but I always take one of the Lancome Juicy Tubes. I use 'Fraises' which is a red gloss with a bit of sparkle. It's not moisturising as such, but as it's a gloss it's not as drying as a matte lipstick. I tend to use it sparingly or / and over another lipstick to tone down the redness. They're quite pricey unfortunately - I always buy it when I see it discounted, or at Duty Free - but you might be lucky to get it at a bargain price somewhere. Plenty of other colours in the range too, if that colour isn't what you're after.
Don't take any masks e.t.c, but like Shirley always take my own shampoo and conditioner, even if it's supplied in the accomodation, plus facial cleansing wipes. I'll be taking my usual Body Shop vitamin C moisturiser, a tinted moisturiser, and on hols I love the Smashbox bronzer, it has just a hint of shimmer. M & S do a lovely aftersun with shimmer. I'll also have bought a new nail varnish.
I try not to take too much with me but I do like some after sun or moisturiser with a shimmer in. I also take some intense conditioner for my hair. I don't wear too much make up but I have to have some waterproof mascara ;)
Waterproof mascara is a must for me too. Dont wear makeup around the pool but cant leave the room without mascara. Feel naked without it :D

I always take handcream. Although I am always using suncreams, they just dont have the intensity of a handcream. Must have a good conditioner and will take a couple of intensive sachets to put through my hair too. Vasaline for my lips as they dry out terribly in the sun.
The vaseline rosy lip balm in a tin is nice for hols, I also like Tess Daly tinted moisturizer from M & S it is an nice tan colour but not orangey, Benefit lipstick in Swoonderful is a lovely shimmery pink , looks good with a tan :)
, Benefit lipstick in Swoonderful is a lovely shimmery pink , looks good with a tan

I bought this last year after you recommended it and I'm still using it. However, on my lips it's a little darker than I'd like. Can you recommend any paler pink lipsticks?
shirley.

Avon have nice lipsticks with shimmer. Ive just looked at http://www.avonshop.co.uk and there was a lipstick on there "Ultra colour rich lipstick with shimmer contains vit E and jojoba. £7.00. There is a nice pink shade that may be suitable-Frozen rose satin.

Hope that helps
Lily. x
Shirley, Jing A Ling or Mod Squad by Benefit are a little paler than Swoonderful
Heres a tip for anyone like me taking hair conditioner and it runs out..buy spanish own brands for some reason they are amazing and cost hardly anything..and suits my hair..or better still dont take any with you and buy theres..but I have to admit, as I have coloured hair I do take my pantene hair treatment shine and protect tub..its a god send...and I leave it in for an hour..
shirley

Mac do some beautiful light colours at the mo, they have there new range in...they last for ages a little bit pricey but so worth it..since using mac make up my skin is amazing, and my lips never dry put on my holidays.. I do take my nivea protective ageing lip balm with me..it really stops me getting the blasted cold sores..
I like the vaseline rose too, theere is also a vaseline sun, which is good for the day as it has SPF15 in it.
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.