General Holiday Enquiries, Hints and Tips

General Holiday Enquiries? Got General Hints & Tips? Post Them Here.
Beauty
43 Posts
Avon do a lovely body butter after sun lotion.
It's a bit late for Avon anie - I've only got 8 days to go.
I use Decleor, swear by their products, they are a little more pricey than high street brands however for me they work, and buying the cheaper ones is a false economy. I use Decleor Hydra Floral Moisturiser it's around £34.00 for 50ml and lasts me around 3 months. It's great for my skin, as it needs hydrating and this is great.
Will have a think about that one Miss Pink. It's on the pricey side for me.
Oh Okay Helen, just a thought ;)
Avon aftersun body butter is buy one get one free £6.00 and delivery is 5 - 7 days cost for orders £3.50 Free standard delivery when you spend £20! Enter voucher code KWG (express delivery £5.50 and goods will be received next day) When are you going and where?
  • Edited by anie 2009-07-27 19:17:57
Helen,

I use Nivea sun Regenerating After Sun Balm with lotus extract. I swear by it. You can get it at Boots, Superdrug and sometimes you can get it BOGOF.

http://www.boots.com/webapp/wcs/stores/servlet/ProductDisplay?langId=-1&storeId=10052&catalogId=11051&productId=17603

Us ladies of a certain age has to look after our skin. LOL

Angie.
that looks like a good compromise Angie. I might give it a go.
I think its great, it really leaves my skin smooth and soft and thats with all the Dominican sun as well. I also continue using it when I get home.
Hi Helen - Not long to go now!

Just wrote back to you and the letter disappeared in front of my eyes so here goes again.

I always take the Body Shop's Body Butter - Mango is for very dry skins but I prefer 'red' ones, i.e.
Strawberry or Cranberry but all their fragrances are ideal for what you want. Think they have a sale on at the moment.

I condense some into a small pot and put a small amount of Body Shop Simmering Body Lotion into a tiny pot - just to add a little sparkle in the evening.

I never take After Sun as that does it all!

Saying that, it can't be THAT good as I have used it for years and I am still not beautiful!!! (But I do have soft skin!!)
will have a look at those later in the week as well. I'm edging towards the nivea at the moment although I like the idea of a bit of shimmer. The sole reason being - I do like to wear perfume & find it sometimes gets lost in the fragrance of the body butters.
Try it with Angel perfume, Helen. Your Hubbie won't be able to keep his hands off you!!!!
I have got 1/2 tube of M&S shimmer aftersun from last year. I suppose I could mix & match. As we only have 15kgs I was hoping to buy nearly all my suncreams, toiletries etc in Gatwick airport, & not carry too much stuff with me. I think there's both a Boots & Bodyshop there.
Yes you are right Helen Gatwick Airport has both a Boots and Body Shop so no problems getting everything once past security.
blooming heck Suzie - its something to calm him down I need ;) :rofl
Just imagine your first evening in the Dominican - laying under the stars and all creamed up with Body Shop products.
Oh what a night!

Bet you are all getting excited about your holiday!
For those of you like myself who suffer with dry flaky lips try the following. Mix a teaspoon of granulated sugar with the smallest quantity of water to make a paste. Using an old toothbrush gently rub the paste into your lips to slough off the old skin. Rinse with water & finish with a thickish layer of vaseline. Result - soft smooth lips. Works a treat
i'l try that for my lips at the moment there really flaky and i always get a cold sore when i go away hopefully if i keep them moist i might not get onr touch wood.

enjoy ur hols :cheers
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.