Goa Discussion Forum

Discussions regarding holidays in Goa.
There is a really good salon in calangute called Snips, I have used it for haircuts and eyebrow threading, was fairly inexpensive but can't tell you prices for massages ect, but I,m sure someone on here will know,
Lin
There is a nice air-conditioned place in Tito's lane Baga (Simply Beautiful ?) that 'eragain only uses for painting her claws, as I tell her she doesn't need any beauty treatment :rofl :rofl

Be careful giving out gifts to the children as it is easy to get mobbed, might be better to go to one of the local childrens charities also they know who needs help
  • Edited by meagain 2011-09-21 20:00:23
Snips may be expensive if you live in Goa, but for anybody from the UK, where will you get your hair cut styled, shampoo, conditioner, blow dried, and head massage for approx. £9.
I have to agree Bardez, and the sytlists are excellent, would not go anywhere else for a hair cut, have tried other places in the past but would have been better doing it myself with a pudding bowl,
Lin
Best pedicures ever. Rubbish website though. :(
I don't think some of the lady hairdressers in small hairdressers have any training. It might be 150 rups, but save your money and cut your hair yourself :rofl :rofl Suppose we have all been there :yikes
the massages in that place are expensive I think.The place smells lovely when you go in I might treat myself in Jan when I am there for 3 wole weeks....wooooop I might hire a moped aswell
Before they opened the branch in Calangute, we used to use snips in panajim, a lot of the staff from there are now in the calangute salon, has saved me a fortune in taxi's, It seems to be a well run and professional outfit,
Lin
got to agree Snips is best for hair but unfortunately they dont do waxing :( so i use simply beautiful for that, and have done foe donkeys years
chilly
Hi just a few questions

Where is Snips located ?[direction from Candolim please]

How far in advance would you need to book?

After our Goa holiday in Feb we are flying straight to Dubai to
join a cruise,will need colour[after the sun] and blow dry
thanks for any help
annx :)
Going from candolim to calangute it is on the left hand side just before the church in the road, it is a big place and would be hard to miss.
Best to book a few days in advance, but I have on occasions managed to get an appointment without pre booking,
Lin
thanks Lin,shall call in as soon as we arrive in Candolim after
our holiday in the South,we have 7 nights in Candolim so should
be O.K
annx
aaround - they only let you book approx. 3 days in advance, and no advanced books for Christmas week. That was last year - don't know if things have changed now.
Thanks for the information Bardez,shall make a note of that :tup
annx
If Val is still there (a young man from the Phillipines) let him cut your hair -- he is brilliant, alot better than most UK hairdressers I have been to.
If anyone is in the Ashvem area. There is a salon, only small,but does nails and hair. It's called Heaven Scent! The girl who it belongs to is an english girl called Annie and is the best hairdresser ever!! :tup
Agree with you there GG , I used to use annie, was gutted when she moved from calangute :(
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.