Goa Discussion Forum

Discussions regarding holidays in Goa.
I haven't used a beauty salon in Goa, but this one is recomended by long termers and people who live there - http://www.neomisgoa.com/
The prices are very reasonable, they have salons in Calangute, Miramar,and Colva.

x lassi
I had a pedicure in the salon at the Lagoa Azul and she was very good. Years ago I trained to do some beauty treatments, and she did it exactly as I remember you should. I have been to salons here in the UK anbd they have not done such a good job.

I can't remember how much it wqas, but it was not expensive
Only ever used the beauty rooms at the Hotel where I stay, had pedicure, manicure and waxing done, all very professional, and very inexpensive. It's certainly worth waiting until you get there and have an appointment the first day to get it all done!
I have only ever had my eyebrows threaded, a bargain at about 60 rupees in many salons.

I once got my hair washed and blown in a salon in Candolim , it was only a couple of pounds.
Hi, my wife use,s my barbers on the baga road, she has her hair cut short 50rups, they do it just as good as her hairdresser bask home,
Ive had my hair done loads of times at the hairdressers at the Marinha Dourada, costs about 200 rupees for a wash and blow dry. More expensive than in the shops I know but its the convenience of it being at the hotel.
Nieom's is good for your manicures, facials etc but i dont recommend cutting/colouring seen a few c...ups from there, Simply beautiful in tito's road is good and reasonable, beach girls are very expensive compared with the shops. and the new big saloon near the takkar ice factory "snips" is very expensive
Is "Snips" near to ice factory fairly new? If it is same as the one in Panjim I would have no qualms about using it. Always had my hair cut at Snips in Panjim until Nice (her name) left and still always have my hands, feet and nails done there - lots of Thai staff. Another good one is in Mapusa but I can't remember its name but there is a big hoarding for it on the roundabout near to the Petrol station and Tourist office just going into Mapusa. It is a small shop upstairs at the end of the market. The name will come to me in time. I have had my hair bleached there and it was brilliant - not the yellow mess I have seen some hairdressers in Calangute do.
Simply Beautiful was good when it was near the church in the middle of the road so if they have moved to Titos road they will still be the same.
Yes it is the same "Snips" as in Panjim, but my friends were very disappointed when they visited, not the same standards my friend wanted a blow dry, couldnt have one no extension lead!!! and a few other problems, like when a friend popped in to say hello when they were have a manicure she was told she couldnt see us :que The same went for simply beautiful a few days ago 3 of us went for a girlie session and they could only cater for us one at a time, hopefully they get their acts together before the season starts, as their other salons were really good.
What a disappointment about Snips - was looking forward to not having to go to Panjim - same with Simply Beautiful although going to Titos Road is a not the same as just going up the road when you feel like a bit of pampering. Have also been to the girl in the bungalow next to St. Josephs School on the back lane near to where S. Beautiful used to be. She was good if you could get her to answer the phone but again only one at a time!!!
Will stick to my Mapusa salon - atleast I know I can (or could if the girl is still there when I get back in a couple of weeks) get a good hair colour there.
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.