Goa Discussion Forum

Discussions regarding holidays in Goa.
Great report , I was there for 2 weeks from 8th March , our 6th time and loved every minute, I have read some good things about the Nazri , like you said the position is excellent :tup
another great report, glad you had a fabulous holiday and the hotel was lovely. The Goyam Bungalows sound great, could you tell me bit more about these please Goadreamer :)
Hi Silver Angel

The Goyam bungalows are directly on the beach at Patnem. I wanted to stay front line and have a sea view but they were charging 2500 rups per night. For 1000 rups we got a bungalow which was two rows back but much larger than the ones at the front. We did not have a veranda with a chair swing but we were so near the beach we did not need it.

They were spotless and provided two pink towels and two blue towels which smelt lovely. The floor was concrete and it had a tiled roof and it was more substantial than a beach hut. They have their own sunbeds on the beach which were free to use for guests and these also had freshly washed towels provided.

The bathroom had a shower which was as powerful as the hotel we were staying in and the water was always hot. There were security boxes for use in the restaurant which overlooked the beach but as there was a very substantial padlock on the door we did not bother to use one.

I would not hesitate to recommend them.
And here is the report :)
Nice report- and useful info there for future holidaymakers. Its good to see another positive report. :tup
What a great positive report glad you enjoyed it
Love reading all the reports

Thanks

Papa
Great report, it was lovely meeting you again and hope to see you next year

Noel & geraldine
Hi Goadreamer very nice report and was great to meet up with you at the Carvery. Hopefully see you again next year :wave:
hi goadreamer.. love the idea of setting off to patnem for a couple of days and goyam bungalows sound really good .. we are staying in baga late nov for 4 weeks and are keen to take a few days out and go there .. when bussing it , where do you set off to on first bus ? then 2nd 3rd etc .. rubbish at travel arrangements .. we stayed in tree house at ashvem last year and loved the change .. Pat .
Nice report Goadreamer, thanks!

they had happy hour all day 50rps for 2 Kingfishers
Wish we were a bit nearer this place!! :tup
I am staying near Titos road so will definitely give that place a visit or 2
Hi Goadreamer
Excellent report and was great meeting up with you, I think it may have been you that recommended the Greek restaurant to us???

Thalassa, Mariketty's Place, Greek Taverna at Small Vagator Beach. This restaurant is beautiful,

well yes have to agree it is brilliant, we really enjoyed that place and will be going back for sure... if it was your recommendation many thanks :tup just a word of caution to anyone thinking of trying it out, its advisable to book!!! it gets sooo packed and we went after most turists had gone home

hope to meet up again next season
Chilly and Mike ;)
Hi Chilly

Yes I believe it was me who recommended this Greek restaurant to you - glad you enjoyed it. Wasn't it funny to discover that we were born in the same hospital in London and had lived up the road from each other in Sutton!

Hope to see you again next year jobs permitting. Working for a PCT in the NHS at the moment is not a good place to be.
Hi Pandg

In answer to your question on catching the bus to Patnem definitely give it a go. Buses as follows

1 Baga to Calangute

2 Calangute to Panjim (stay on bus until the end of the journey which is the bus station).

3 Panjim to Margoa (you have to walk through the bus station to the other side to the ticket office, (we asked someone for directions) there you buy a ticket for the express bus which is non-stop to Margoa and everyone gets a seat - no standing.

4 Margoa to Patnem (you will need to get the bus that goes to Palolem which is the end of the line) and ask on the bus for someone to tell you when to get off.

We can't remember exactly but the whole journey each way cost us around £1 each - it would be a good idea to have lots of small change with you.

Hope this makes sense.
Wasn't it funny to discover that we were born in the same hospital in London and had lived up the road from each other in Sutton

Hi Goadreamer
Yes it was unreal!!! that was the night at Maggie Malones!! St Patricks night a brill laugh this year!! and was great meeting at the Carvery too....looking forward to meeting up again next season! and what a great restaurant it is :tup

chilly and Mike
thanks goadreamer for your bus time table .. really looking forward to this trip .. any other good trips to try we would love to know how and where .. thanks again ..Pat
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.