Goa Discussion Forum

Discussions regarding holidays in Goa.
Wow Callumn what an absolutely fantastic report, such imaginiative descriptions, I felt quite emotional reading that , just want to be there so much! :lol: :lol: Thanks TJ cant wait for more from you. :wink: Lisa.
Second WOW from me too. If you close your eyes, you're there. Lisa, I filled up too - what a pair of soppies we are :lol: A beautiful report TJ.

Lisa, where've you been? Long time, no hear?
that was a brilliant report we also stay nr cavelosim and you described the route from the airport perfectly and also mentioned all our favourite haunts i just felt we were back there anita :D
Poetic licence ;-) I did post this from Goa but on another trip, but it seems appropriate to include it.
Agonda review.....Catch a ferry from Cavelossim across the river Sal and follow the coastal road through a couple of villages then onto Cabo da Rama an old ruined fort with a resident troupe of large monkeys (Freya loved watching them swinging through the trees though in truth so did we) the old pool with Kingfishers and of the rocks if you are lucky (we were) sea otters. Also enjoy the fantastic views down the coast. Agonda is a further 20 mins drive. After a short drive through the delightful little village we arrived at Madhu Shack and coco-huts and were given beach hut no 1. It was basic but clean (kind of like camping on stilts) but from your hut you go back down the wooden steps right onto the sand of a beach straight out of a Bounty advert. spen the rest of the day lazing/strolling/exploring then at sunset swimming in the sea watching the sun go down as the fishing boats come and go and there is a procession of the local women carrying firewood on there heads along the beach a truly magical scene. In the morning stepped straight onto the beach and went for a 7.30 walk along the beach spotted some dolphins as well as 2 otters in the sea(near the estuary) a dip in the sea preceeded breakfast before another lovely day on the beach and the bill 2 lunches 1 breakfast a dinner which included a gorgeous tandoori kingfish which with a couple of loaves would have fed the 5000 and a night in the shack for the 3 of us cost less than one lousy meal in the Jazz Inn (anybody reading a previous food will know I don't rate the jazz Inn) We will definitely be going back next week. We didn't see any turtles hatching but saw the nest where they will soon appear from (dont want to put date on forum) Agonda though has one major flaw.... once you are there you may not want to leave.
p.s. Madhu cocohuts contact Shekar e mail shekhar1303@sify.com mobile no. 9423813442 or landline 2647116
p.p.s. meant to add as we left at sunset we were still spotting dolphins just off the shore
p.p.p.s. We returned the following week but there wasn't a hut on the beach front left and Shekar was still completing a couple of huts so we planned to just stay for the day. At around 3pm w edecided we really didn't want to leave yet so Shekar put a temporary door on one of the unfinnished huts we bought toothbrushes toothpaste and shampoo at the local shop and stayed another night. Although there is a perfectly fine communal shower in the morning I used the larger communal shower I think it's called the Arabian Sea I lathered my hair and then dived through the waves.....just heaven :)
Isn't this is a great way to get back in the mood for our next Goa holidays? :D
Second WOW from me too. If you close your eyes, you're there. Lisa, I filled up too - what a pair of soppies we are A beautiful report TJ.

Absolutely wonderful report from TJ, and yea Goa brings out the soppy in me :roll: :lol:

Lisa, where've you been? Long time, no hear?

Been busy fizz, will PM you, ok. :wink:
Hi Lisa, yeah, look forward to hearing from you again.

These reports are great, we don't know the South so well having only been to the huts at Palolem for the odd night for a change from the north. When the opportunity arises and we can stay in Goa for more than the usual 2 or 3 weeks we intend to explore this beautiful part of Goa. Of course, all parts of Goa have areas like this where the beauty and the ambience brings out the poet in us - lovely :lol:

Talking of poetry - has anyone actually composed any in relation to Goa? Are there any more Bards amongst us?
Brilliant reading Calumn :D and it makes Goa seem closer than the 77 sleeps it is!
Agonda is the beach we want to visit (and the one you sent me pictures of I am sure?) Been to Palolem, which was nice, but I would prefer to try a different beach and maybe stay overnight.
Anyway brilliant report and sounds like you had a fantastic time :D
  • Edited by Gemma33 2007-09-09 11:46:54
The photo's were of Agonda it is around 15 minutes North of Palolem and a lot quieter although I know that will change in time. When we first went to Palolem there was only one shack on the beach and three or four restaurants just off the beach. I remember we were sitting having a beer just off the beach, a guy was gently swaying in a hammock between two palm trees reading a book, a local was climbing a palm tree just to the right and the local men were on the beach pulling in the nets, the village ladies and children ready with their baskets to pick up the catch and I just thought ...."This is the life 8) ".
I have it on video and it still makes me smile and feel warm when I watch it :)
Sounds like sheer bliss. But as you say, all things must change. We will hopefully visit Agonda this November or March when we are in Goa. Your report is great tho, and great reading for a relaxed Sunday. When do you and your family return to Goa?
Excellent reading Callumn, if there's one thing that sums it all up for me, it's,

I looked at Freya and thought "How lucky I am, how many father's get to spend such quality time with there 8 year old daughter in such wonderful surroundings?" How lucky I am

Such a wonderful few lines :D
post deleted
sometimes it is better just not to post
Fiona ht mod
TJ I really did enjoy your reports, as i do everyones who takes the time to share their experiences, photos and memories with the rest of us. Please continue to write them for us they are brilliant! :wink:
Calumn dont do the next bit of the report until Wednesday evening when Scotland are playing again, cos I read your post the other day that Scotland scored when you were posting :D :lol:
So I expect to come home from the pub and read the next part on Wednesday evening.
PS. GoanmadTony I am only going for a small tonic water cos I am not a drinker :wink: :shock: :glynis
  • Edited by Gemma33 2007-09-11 17:39:47
PS. GoanmadTony I am only going for a small tonic water cos I am not a drinker

:roll: :rofl
I havn't got round to writing any more new reports I'm doing this in Goan time :wink: but here is a quick post of our first day in Goa ever
Our first trip to Goa was our honeymoon. We were married overlooking Loch Ness on a Wednesday, on the Thursday we travelled to Edinburgh catching a flight to Gatwick we then had a thirteen hour Monarch flight with a stop in Bahrain and we hadn't slept for over 24 hours. As we approached Goa at about 9am local time the plane tilted and we got our first glimpse of the bright blue Arabian sea with the quaint Goan fishing boats bobbing up and down, the sight took our breathes away and we were instantly wide awake. The bus journey to the Holiday Inn Mobor followed, the rickety old bus bouncing away down the Goan roads, we sat mesmorised just staring out of the window at the amazing sight of Goan villages, the portguguese style villa's, the huts, the waving smiling children, the little pigs, the market stalls and of course the cows wandering down the middle of the road. The scene's hit every sense, the colours, the sights, the sounds and even the smells, we felt like we were watching a TV documentary and not looking out of a bus window. When we got to our hotels we literally found our room quickly showered dumped our bags and then off we went to explore. What followed was the most magical honeymoon we could ever have hoped for.
Tightjock. How long ago was that ?
April 21st 1995 (we got married on my birthday the 19th so I don't forget :wink: )
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.