Spain - Costa Brava Discussion Forum

Discussions regarding holidays in the Costa Brava.
hi ya im booked to go thurs have you herd what it like yet would like to find out if it ok thanks mandy
Hi there Mandy,

I haven't heard anything about it yet, except the few reviews I read. To be honest, I'm not bothered anymore. As long as it's clean, safe and the food's edible, that's all I care about!

The bad things I did hear were pretty stupid to be honest, i.e. people moaning about the decor, people saying the food repeated, others saying the staff didn't speak perfect English. To be honest, I don't care about the decor, if the food repeats, so what?! You're getting fed aren't you?! And the staff not speaking perfect English... well maybe those people should make an attempt to speak Spanish! I certainly will, it's not exactly difficult to learn a few phrases - after all, we're in their country now - and at least the staff know a bit, even if it isn't perfect.

The only thing that worries me is if the food is really bad, being all-inclusive, it's important that it's decent food. I don't care if it's not English food (again, we're not in England, so why should everything be done just for us?! There are other nationalities there too!), just as long as it can be eaten. Insects worry me a little too, but I'm planning to take a can of Raid, insect killer, so it'll be okay!

Hope it goes well for you - I might see you, I arrive on the 27th! I'll be the extra white girl...!

Take care.
My wife and I stayed here a few years ago AI, its up a hill on the outskirts of town. There is a short cut down which if still there Im sure youll find.Its not 5* but clean.I got on well with the Spanish staff because I speak a little Spanish,enough to get by.Meals were good but not excellent.At the time the only fault we could find were the drinks and organisation of bar service.There was one barman,a english lad who, changed the barrels served and collected glasses,all the time the queue for drinks was getting longer and he would only give you a max of two drinks each,and if I remember,the beer was served in small glasses.My wifes favourite at the time was Malibu,the bar ran out of it after two days,and wasnt restocked for the remainder of our week.
The pool and bar terrace are on two seperate levels, and are clean and comfortable.
The only entertainment we bothered to sit inside and watch was a bit of a let down.
On a brighter note san Felui is a fair sized town(famous for cork export in its hayday) with great Spanish bars and a wide tree lined prom where the weekly market is held,and has a great beach where, you can catch a boat to take you on day trips to Tossa and Lloret
Hi,

Thanks for that review! It's nice to hear a bit more than "lived on chips all week, entertainment was bad". I'm going in 2 days and got cold feet again, though I'm going to stick with it now! As you say the food is okay so as long as it's edible, that's all I need!! Entertainment, well, I'm taking some books and stuff so I'll be fine I reckon.

Thanks again for the review.
HI HALEYJ . I agree totally with what you say people moan when they are fed up ,I think they gripe and complain for the sake of it. AS FOR THIS HOTEL: I have met 3/4 who stayed there ,the only complaint they had was it was set high up with a lot of steps,mind you they were 50 to60 years old,
The tiny ants that run around are sugar ants they are doing what their name suggests,they are totally harmless cheers maxie :D
Hi Maxie,

Thanks very much for posting. I'd heard about the steps problem - to be honest, I think the exercise would do me good, and it'll prevent me forgetting things and having to go back to the hotel!

Anyway, I fly at 7pm from Luton so am setting off soon... no changing hotels now! I'm sure it will all be fine - I'll post a review on here once I'm home.

See you later!

Hayley
Wow, hayley, that was a review and a half - thank you! This place comes up a load in my searches for somewhere cheap and AI for me and 3 kids in the next couple of weeks so it was really good to read a more thorough rundown from someone who's been there and done it. Thanks again, I'm tempted to end days and days of searching and just book it now! :lol:
Hello!

Yes, it was a bit long but there was so much to say to get everything accurate etc. I forgot a couple of things which I'll add here...

The original room we had, without the balcony, was only one of 4 rooms without one, so I guess if you get a room without one, you're pretty unlucky. However, my experience was that if you wanted to be moved, they would move you as soon as they were able to.

Secondly, people moaned about being 'tagged' for All-inclusive (you're given a red band to wear). Simple - if you don't want to wear it all the time, then fasten it loosley so you put it on when you go to the dining room or the bar/snack bar. We did that and had no problems!

Thirdly, I would go back. I know what to expect, and although some things could be better, for a no frills holiday it was just right. I went to chill out and have a bit of fun, and I got exactly that. The food was edible and sometimes reeeeeally good, the weather wasn't too bad (except for the storms for 3 days..!!) and the room and pool area were very clean!

I hope the review was okay for everyone, even if it was a bit long. As I said in the review, if you want photos, I'll send you some via email (virus free!!). Either leave a message here or contact me on XXXXXXX

Good luck everybody!

Hayley x

EDIT: For online privacy and protection, your e-mail address has been removed from this post. Please check our Terms & Conditions for further information.
Many thanks
David
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.