Spain - Costa Brava Discussion Forum

Discussions regarding holidays in the Costa Brava.
I like Santa Susanna /Malgrat, the hotel Royal Sun looks quite nice and right on the beach. The night life is hotel based which you can see and hear as you walk along the front, or if you fancy a hotel just pop in for a drink . The more fun /british style bars are at the Malgrat end of the resort.

The hotels in S/Susanna do look quite impressive .
hi we are going to the maripins in malgrat in may and september we were re ccomended this hotel last year and were certainly not disapointed the hotel staff and food were first class it has not got the same nightlife as loret there are plenty of bars around such as champions rovers return and eureka the hotel is situated across the road from the beach and amongst the shops but it is laid back so you are not disturbed by the noise from the main street we are a group in our 50s you can book this hotel with med hotels or travel republic please read the reviews you will not be dissapointed
Just been built and within easy walking distance of Playa de Aro which has plenty of night life.

http://www.jpmoser.com/caladelpi.html
I agree with mrabulldog, we are going back to the Maripins for the 8th consecutive year!

London Colney Coaches are a small, family run business who operate from Lowestoft in Suffolk, and will pick up in Thurrock, as well as other points along the A12 from Norwich onwards (phone 01502 512244 for more details).

May 11th 10 days 7 nights £240
May 11th 24 days 21 nights £420
May 25th 10 days 7 nights £245
June 8th 17 days 14 nights £360
July 27th 17 days 14 nights £530
Sept 7th 17 days 14 nights £350

FULL BOARD

Children 2 - 10 are half price sharing a room with two full priced passengers, babies under 2 years £49 and they will require a car seat.

Insurance is compulsory on all holidays.

Single Room Supplement: £10 per night.

10% discount for 3rd & 4th person sharing room (adults).

Child Rate (0 - 10 years) 2nd Child - 25% discount off adult prices.

Child prices only apply when sharing a room with 2 full paying passengers.

All children will have a seat.

Insurance:

Adult 10 days - £25, 17 days - £30, 24 days - £35

Over 65 years 10 days - £32, 17 days - £39, 24 days - £49

Children 0 - 15 years 10 days - £12.50, 17 days - £15, 24 days - £17.50

You can choose from many other hotels and destinations - phone for a brochure.

Happy Holidays :D
sounds like a sales pitch...... :?
maybe, but only for the coach firm i suspect :D
have a look at prices on this site
http://www.gospain.biz/86005.html
also going to maripins.
i have stayed here more than once and it is a very good hotel with a lot of repeat business.it caters mainly for older brits(my partner and i were the youngsters when we stayed about3-4 years ago).
it is not the best rated star wise only being3* but does offer great VFM, and i would recommend it to anyone wanting a quiet restful holiday. my partner-who wasn't at her best in water -reckoned they had one of the best swimming pools she had ever used as there is a little lip running right round the pool meaning that you can stand up at the deep end to catch your breath.
we all have our own definitions of what is best, and we will change our minds regularly depending on our circumstances, but i think this hotel is one of the hidden jewels in the area, and the reason there are not a lot of reviews for it are that those that have stayed there are happy to keep the secret :wink:
It wasn't a sales pitch at all :(

I have been to the Maripins for years now (about 8/9) and just wanted to share this with you.

My mum was there a couple of weeks ago, had a fab time, and we're all going on 27th July for 17 days. Can't wait :D

BTW Me and my husband are in our early forties and our boys are 12 and 15. The staff are brilliant and treat us so well, they've seen the boys grow up. There seem to be more foreigners stay there than British in recent years, so we are very outnumbered, but at least the Brits who do go there are 'nice' families, no rowdiness, which is important to us as we are just after a quiet, peaceful and restful 'sunny' holiday 8) :D
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.