Spain - Costa Del Sol/Gibraltar Discussion Forum

Discussions regarding holidays in the Costa Del Sol.
Think there are always lots of places open around there and Sunset Beach is lively, used by locals too. Weather can sometimes be in the low 70's but then again it could be cold and rainy, luck of the draw :)
Personally, I wouldn't risk it again in January after 5 very, very wet days between January 24th and 29th this year !
i was in benal early Jan it it was far better weather than being home here,i intend to be there next year too,nights are cold,but not as cold as here either,as already said it could also rain,but we have had 2 good January,s,early in month,had lunch on balcony over xmas hols so it had to be warm
The weather on the Costa del Sol in January is like the weather in Aberdeen in August. Be prepared for anything but it is normally MUCH better than the weather in Aberdeen in January.
we know benal well but I wouldn't go there in Jan although we love it in May or Sept. I know you may not fancy it but Benidorm is the place to go in Jan. Everything is open and we've never had bad weather although you'll need a sweater in the evening. Get a beach front apartment - there are loads - and you'll have everything on your door step It's not full of lager louts, there are plenty of shops, bars, restuarants and the flights are cheap. Try http://www.benidormdirect.co.uk I'm sure you'll have a good time

Katy
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.