Algarve/Portugal/Madeira/Azores Discussion Forum

Discussions regarding holidays in the Algarve
Benfarras is about 5miles/8km from the Vilamoura Marina. It's just across the N125 virtually due north of Vilamoura. It's not named on Google Maps as such, but if you zoom in close enough you will see a 'Caminho das Benfarras' a short distance from the railway line. It is marked on my printed Algarve Map.

There is a bus along the N125, but it goes to Albufeira in one direction and Loule in the other, not into Vilamoura. You will therefore almost certainly need a car or taxis to get about.

I've been along that road (the N125 a few times) but I can't say I really noticed any hives of activity. Others will have to comment about that.
Hi

What is the name of the villa you are staying at?. The other relpys are correct as to the location, we stayed in a Villa Miradoura a few years ago there, yes in my opinion you need a car as there is no way of getting into Vilamoura unless you use a taxi, but you would need a telephone number as is a little out of the way, there is no supermarket as such although there is a local village shop which is very basic (tiny) there is no night life without going into Vilamoura and i am not even sure if there is any restaurants near by. Sorry to be negative but the villa we had looked lovely when we drove up to it (it took us 2hrs to find it once we got to Benfarra) when we got inside the smell from the drains was horrible (we could not use the 2 downstairs bedrooms for the smell) and the water out of the taps was brown, you had to have brown bath water and when we used the washing machine all the kids cloths came out orange.
:offtop I know and in wrong thread but If you do think about booking a hire car which it sounds like you will need try http://www.economycarhire.com a UK company, using Portuguese car hire companies, full insurance no excess and covered for 2 drivers & exit into Spain if you state it at time of booking, well recommended, we have used them many many times without a hitch. Have a look on the Car hire topic for other recommendations.
I would agree with jayjan ecomomy car hire were very good with no hidden extras
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.