Spain - Costa Blanca Discussion Forum

Discussions regarding holidays in the Costa Blanca.
We stayed there last April at Easter

Weather was okayish, cool at night, it's pot luck really at that time of year.
Fairly busy.
Mix of ages.
Everywhere open, although some outside bars were closed....Caz
Thanks for the response Caz.

Maybe we will try May instead. Hopefully the weather will have picked up at bit and be a little more predictable.

D.
I go in april and as caz says its a hit n miss weather wise and now we are thinking of waiting till may as well mazza
Does anyone know for a fact, if the boats to peacock island (Benidorm island) are running in late April, I've tried looking around the internet but info is vague.

I've been to peacock island before but I'm coming to Benidorm with some newbies this year; and am planning an alternative to the all day drinking that they would otherwise fall into :cheers

the idea is :-
boat from levante side about 10.00am
sail to island, have a quick tour on the submarine
get the first available boat back to the poniente side
climb steps to old church, start eating tapas
eat and drink our way to levante beach
see rock and roll legend wammy playing at the heartbreak bar
return to winning post for a few bets
go back to hotel for siesta

it should be a change, any tips? :yikes
We were in Benidorm early April 2009 and had lousy weather. We hardly had our shorts out. It was very cool, cloudy and breezy most days although we didn't get rain. The resort seemed quietish too but we found most of the bars open and we had a good holiday regardless. I wouldn't pick to go that early in the year again though.
We went for our first time to Benidorm in April and it rained rained and rained for 2 weeks. My family was not happy. I went back the following year (2008) with friends and it was so hot for the week!! I went back 2009 the year when shirley h went, and like Shirley says the weather was cool and cloudy.
the boat runs all year round , unless the weather is very poor which is not often , check your day when to see wammy as he doesnt do every day ,
We live in Spain and we are off to Benidorm next week to celebrate my birthday.The weather won't bother us as we live in a one goat town up in the mountains we go for the entertainment which goes on all year round :tup :tup :tup
We are coming out on 13 April and are hopeful we will get nice weather. I am packing my bikinis anyway and am determined to wear them no matter what. Even if it is under my overcoat. :rofl
Am going on the 26thApril for 3 days went on 28th feb for 3 days 1st day it rained and the other 2 days i was sat by the pool with my bikini on i certanly hope to be sat by pool during the day :smile:
Well I m off there tomorrow and the forecast looks good 21/24c for the week.

:sun2
i was there monday to weds 25+ and 21+ in day.warm enough as well just for light jumper at night.depends how you feel the cold.
Just back today Had a great time Stayed at les Dunes Suites Couldn't fault it Warm weather Great food and drink :tup :tup :tup :tup
Welcome back tonesp, glad to hear you had a good holiday. We have not had any reviews of Les Dunes Suites since 2008, I don't suppose you would like to put that right for the benefit of fellow holidaymakers ? :wink http://www.holidaytruths.co.uk/reviews/spain/costa-blanca/benidorm/les-dunes-suites/

David :wave
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.