Spain - Costa Blanca Discussion Forum

Discussions regarding holidays in the Costa Blanca.
I'm so sorry to hear your news Dave and hope things work out for you. We've had some really friendly chats so feel for you. Jean
Like I said on the other one, before the topic got closed(!), Benidorm has a lot of bad memories for me too, but I'll continue to live here as long as I can. You've just got to make new, good memories for yourself.
great news now you can come and go as you please.bathroom to yourself.stay out as long as you wish.

i have been on my own now for 3 years.loving it.ok a bit lonely,but no more nagging.you having another pint. ect.still go on your own you don;t have to have someone with you..tell you what as well.i have never had so much money before,i used to spends loads on her.

chin up and be happy.it was meant to be maybe
  • Edited by djwoody 2009-06-28 09:05:34
Sorry to hear of that Mate, things will look different given time. From the Benidorm angle, my thoughts are that when you need a break where better to come than somewhere you obviously love, much better than being either sat at home feeling down, or going somewhere else that you are unfamiliar with and might not like, which would make you feel worse still. Ive been there myself, i've been to Beni many times with my Wife (we are now separated), and have been on my own too. Heck ive even been to Beni, with my wife, after we had separated (We are still good friends). So yes ive got a lot of good memories of Beni with her, but ive had great times, and have happy memories of my times in Beni on my own, in fact my next trip this summer will be me on my own, and i'm looking forward to it. There aint a better place for someone to holiday on there own in my opinion. Because there is so much to do, and so much variety theres always plenty to keep you occupied! Also because theres so many Entertainment Bars, you can go out of an evening and still have a good night, even if you dont feel in the mood to talk to anyone, pull a seat up, or sit at the bar, watch the acts and because everyone else is watching the acts too, you dont feel as if you stand out as being on your own. You can have a holiday without compromise...you can do exactly what you want to do, when you want to do it! Thats a really great offer Dave has made, so when your mind is right, why not take him up on the offer. Or equally you might not feel like any company at all, and if thats the case, i'd take the plunge and get yourself a break booked, and have some "switch off" time. You can be as anonymous as you want to be in Beni, but your always sure that there'll be people to natter to if thats what you want!. Memories are memories...they are in your head, so you'll have those wherever you are, its how you deal with them that counts. Some things can only get better with time i'm afraid. At least the memories you have of Beni are Happy ones, so its much better to be somewhere you've had many good times, than it would be to go to somewhere you can only associate with bad times. When the times right, you book for Beni mate, you'll be glad you did! Trust Me, as i said....ive been there! Take Care.

Best Regards - Taggy
Thanks people for your kind words, I was a bit worse for wear last night :cheers , I will have to see if I can make her see :que sence. :que
Am I being insensitive when I point out the obvious?

Your partner left you and you are now concerned that you may miss Benidorm!!!!!

Take my advice. Only go out with ugly girls. That way, when they leave you, you will be happy.
Hope you work things out bud. We are all thinking of you here and the other one.
There'll be memories everywhere not just Benidorm. Once you've conquered the home feeling empty then think about Benidorm am sure you'll be fine. Good luck and I hope this work out for you whatever happens :cheers
Hi,sorry to hear your news.I know just how you are feeling.Last year my husband of 15 years decided he wanted to split.We had been to Benidorm many times, as a couple and with the kids.This year I took the kids, as we love Benidorm and I can honestly say he never entered my thoughts and we had a great time and have new memories. All I can say is time is a great healer and you learn to be smile again! Take care x
sorry to here this!

I went to benidorm with my ex,

I've been with my new partner and we're going this year.

It's like a different place with someone different!

Would I go on my own?

Damn right I would :cheers

I'll still buy you a pint in yorkshire pride2 if you're there!
Awwwww what a shame, poor you.

I thought you were going to comment on 2010's prices!!! Fortune, don't know if I'll see it again!!

You went to Rio Pk after me I think couple of years ago, didn't you? You could easy holiday there yourself.

Keep your pecker up
Hi Joolz, yes I did,

Thankfully we have managed to sort our differences out. :tup
thata a good result then pleased for you.. :cheers :tup .
j.d
Glad everything's turned out okay for you Dave, you'll be sunning yourself in Benidorm again then.
We've just booked 2wks in Alcudia for the 27th may 2010.
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.