Cruises

Discussions relating to Cruising holidays
caribbean starting in barbados bridgetown thanks
It sounds like you are going on the same cruise we have just been on. We have actually rebooked for February next year.
We also had a cabin on Caribe deck. We booked an inside cabin. We thought about an outside one but decided that it wasn't worth the extra expense because we wouldn't be spending that much time in it. All in all, apart from sleeping in the cabin, we were only in there for about 2 hours a day.
At the end of the day, it is all down to personal choice. When the ship was coming into port or leaving port we were always on deck watching. As for which side to be on, it doesnt really matter. When the ship docks, passengers could be disembarking from either side.
When are you going?

John :cheers
I would second Kefaddict's comments- unless you name all the ports and talk to someone who has just come back from that cruise you won't know whether port or starboard will get a better view, since sometimes they come in and dock stern first, sometimes you dock bow first and sometimes you tender in. It won't make much difference, there are panoramic views in most Caribbean island harbors.
thanks for the replies all my sisters are going aprill 2011.i think there are about 11 different ports i just have to make my mind up if im going too
The trick when traveling in groups is to have one on each side if no obvious side like on a transatlantic.

Best views on mosts cruises are aft or forward facing cabins rather than the sides but this would mean a suite on Sea Princess

Another option is to is to get one good cabin and insides for the rest.
The one with the good cabn hosts the other.
thanks all yes windjammer we were thinking that thanks
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.