Cruises

Discussions relating to Cruising holidays
CABIN ON A GTY
10 Posts
Sorry but I don't understand a lot of travel jargon. What's a GTY? Gratuity? Help please!
It's a guaranteed cabin. You book a grade and not a cabin - usually cheaper and you may end up with something better, but you also may end up with something you don't want.
Many moons ago, I also thought GTY stood for gratuity...there would be logic there! There appears to me to be no logic in using GTY for guarantee but that is what all the cruiselines use!!
By all means feel free to use the cruise lines abbreviations. However it would be helpful to new cruisers if you also added, in brackets, what the abbreviations stand for.

luci :wave
It's from:

Guaranteed caTegorY
daveyjp - thanks for getting that sorted, I do apologize for using the abbreviation in my heading :whoops I was not thinking

Prindy
Prindy- if you do not like the location just ask to be put back into the pool and re-assigned. It is done all the time..
Prindy
When are you going? Maybe you booked too soon to get an upgrade.

:wave:
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.