Greece - Rhodes Discussion Forum

Discussions regarding holidays in Rhodes.
Hi, well that's quite a list so can't help with all but do know some of the hotels mentioned.

Lomeniz and Panorama are a good standard but too far from the centre of town, you'd have to factor in taxi fares at either of those. I've stayed at Alexia (which Athena is just behind) and Carina, all 3 of these have a great location, 2-3 minutes from the beach, New Town shops and restaurants on your doorstep, and about 10-15 minutes from the harbour and Old Town.

My first choice would be Alexia as the rooms are a good size and some have sea view, it is however located on Orfandinou (the main Bar Street) so if you like an early night it would be a bad choice. Alexia also has some parking to the front so good for your car hire plans. Carina is in a quieter spot but smaller rooms and no views other than the back of other hotels. Both hotels are old and tired looking but they are clean with friendly staff, especially the elderly barman at Carina.

Hope that helps :cheers
Forgot to say Alexia Studios and Hotel are the same place, you can pay a bit more for B&B but not really worth it in my opinion, the breakfast is pretty basic/cheap.
I would personally aim to stay out of Rhodes town if it were me and head for the suburb resorts,Ialysos or Ixia,you'll get a better standard of hotel for your money,probably get a decent package deal for september, you can get SC properties there,it's not all the big AI complexes, and Rhodes town is only 10 minutes by bus,5 by taxi or if your hotel was in the right place you could even walk in, you'd also be well placed for ancient Ialysos,the Acropolis on Monte Smith and the bus down to Ancient Kameiros and Kameiros Skala, from which you can do the day trip over to Halki. Rhodes town hotels are priced according to their location rather than their standard, you may well get a good deal but it would mostly be in the new town,which to me is about as 'Greek' as North London,and you're also less likely to have a pool should you want one.

Wherever you end up the best beach to visit for the day if you don't want to travel too far is the northern end of Faliraki by the water park and Esperides beach hotel, or if you like rocky coves with little tavernas on them try Kalithea,there's a choice of 3 or 4 all next to each other, reached by tracks from the main coast road,to get to these you'll want the blue bus to Faliraki rather than the o range bus that goes via Faliraki to Lindos,for the Faliraki beach get off anywhere along the strip of huge hotels,or for the Kalithea ones get off anywhere after the Aldemar paradise royal mare hotel.

(this stupid forum won't let me type the name of a fruit/colour that's also the name of a mobile network,how pathetic?!)
Thanks for your help, we've also been offered the newly renovated October Hotel, this looks like it's a decent place and has a good location.

Can anyone tell me about this place?
Can't tell you much about the hotel other than it appears to be on 28th October Street so not a bad spot. Similar distances from the beach/town, etc as Alexia and Athena though it's quite a busy residential street so parking might be a bit more of a problem.
October Hotel was formely known as Pavlidis Residence Hotel
The Alexia is very centrally situated but very noisy. The rooms are getting shabbier and shabbier and where we once knew all the staff and they knew us it has all changed-----not for the better. The Athena will be a little quieter as it is one street back but still very well placed for the beach, shops and night life.
Marcus, none of the old staff members are there now, think it all changed when Margarita retired!
Hi Anne,
Stayed at Alexia for a night this May, a bit of a nostalgia trip as one of my old repping pals had come to Rhodes for the first time in years. Have to say reception staff were lovely, much younger girls but still very friendly, they've definitely lost it on the bar though... a big personality gone there :(
I last stayed there in October for a week with my son. Reception were friendly but, as you say Marcus, the bar has gone right downhill. Also found it annoying that we had to search for the night porter every night. One night he was out on the steps of the Colorado!!
Hi AnneJ60b is The Alexia hotel the one opposite more or less the Tivoli Bar run by Mike and Anna
Llindy, :wave: no, that is the Athena. The Alexia is right on the corner of Orfanidou St.
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.