Turkey Discussion Forum

Discussions regarding holidays in Turkey.
Hi, after doing some research it seems advisable to avoid hotels with a large contingent of Russians.

Does the Delphin have lots of Ruskies?

Cheers

Gerry
Hi GERRY.I live 4k down the road and believe you me, all the hotels have Russian people in them.They are the largest group of tourists to visit Turkey. ( visa not required ) As someone else said Delphin Palace De Luxe is about the best. Concorde and Titanic run a close second.Having stayed at most during off season I can say that the Russian people are not to much of a problem. They keep themselves to themselves and have there Vodka for breakfast and all is ok.Hope that you enjoy yourself.

Ian
I have stayed at several hotels on Lara Beach, and really there is not much to choose between them. They are all ultra 24hr 5* AI's. I would recommend the Delphin Palace or the Titanic if you are going with children (they both have great kids facilites) or the Concorde if you are adults only (Concorde has kids facilites, but seems more adult orientated). The Concorde has great spa facilites!!!
As RIK says, I wouldn't worry too much about the Russians. They really aren't THAT annoying!!! They certainly won't ruin your holiday.....
Denny
Thanks Danny and Ian, looks like a two horse race between Delphin and Concorde then.

Regards

Gerry
Oh dear, someone has just informed me that they reckon Barut Lara is the best!

Any thoughts?

Trying to find the best hotel is not turning out to be an easy task.

Gerry
Yes, Barut Lara is excellent also!!!! That's the trouble - hard to choose between them!!!!
Denny
My mother and father (70) have stayed at the two Delphim Palace Hotels and they thought both were wonderful, better food and service than on the Venturer and boy do they expect the business!!!
I'm looking at Royal Wings. Would you say Titanic is better?
Did you mean Ventura?

That's not hard to beat :)
If you type in the name of the hotel on YOU TUBE you will be able to see most of them.Not all, but for sure Dephin Palace de Luxe, Concorde and Titanic.I didn't look for any more.

Ian
barut lara beach!
The best I have ever been

Jeroen
The Netherlands
I can recommend the Titanic, it was absolutley stunning, TBH all the hotels looked stunning, which ever you decide on you wont go wrong! :tup
Sorry All, definately the Concorde!
Just posted review on the Titanic as arrived back yesterday.Not far to travel though.

Ian
Cannot imagine a better hotel than Barut Lara :sun2
Having stayed in 5 all inclusives (all 5 star) in the antalya area it is the Delphin Palace by a mile for me.

On a personal note would rather be in a hotel with russians and germans than badly behaved brits!
The Barut lara gets my thumbs up to for the many extras you get in the AI package over the other hotels, we have been 3 times.Delphin Palace is also good but another very good hotel is the Limak Lara which we are returning to next easter 2010.
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.