Spain - Balearics - Menorca Discussion Forum

Discussions regarding holidays in Menorca.
Went to Arenal D'en Castell and all the area (we were going on a mile or two walks around the area to places like Namacaret *spelling?).. everywhere you looked was a perfect picture, one of the most beautiful landscapes I've seen..
went to menorca a few years ago
(stayed at Cala N Bosch)
there is some amazing coastal scenery if you go off the beaten track
and if it's still open..
the Binafoci restaurant on the road just before Cala N Bosch was top class much better than the bland menu's at the marina
I was extremelly lucky to have had the opportunity to live in Menorca, based in Santo Tomas and have returned frequently since. This is one of the best resorts to stay in should you require peace and quiet as there is only a few bars and restaurants and alot of the activity is hotel based. Son Bou is only short walk away taking in stunning views from the cliffs and the walk towards to west of the resort is just amazing.

The south coast is dotted with beaches and coves that could rival those in the carribbean and other far-flung destinations. Car hire is certainly recommended. There is just one road across the island and the resorts branch off this. My favourite beach is Calan Mitjania, just off the main road into Cala Galdana. Bit of an off road experience to reach but well worth it for its white powder snad and baby blue sea, flanked by cliff dotted with pine trees.

A trip to the top of El Toro is also a must. On a clear day you get breathtaking views over much of the island and its rugged coast line, amazing
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.