Spain - Balearics - Menorca Discussion Forum

Discussions regarding holidays in Menorca.
Hi ive been to son bou 3 times before and am going again end of may, i too also needed a location that had flat ground due to walking difficulty's (due to illness 07), i think son bou is a perfect location, we are staying at the girasol aparments which has lovely grounds and is a short walk from the beach, if you do want to stay really close to the beach and restaurants i think the hotel the Sol Milanos Pingüinos would be your best bet, also a really nice restaurant is arthurs we have been there many times before and the food and service was fab :O)
Another resort you may consider and that would be my recommendation is Cala'n Bosch. 2 nice beaches, very child friendly and importantly for you - flat. There are plenty of restaurants around the marina which has a lovely safe family atmosphere during the evenings. A couple of playparks in the resort for the children. The only part of the resort with steps I can think of is the bridge at the entrance to the marina but this can be avoided easily by using the slope instead.

It's further from the airport than Son Bou (around an hour transfer) but definately think it would be worth you considering.
hi there i would say son bou is an ideal place the beach is gorgeous and there are plenty of shops and restaurants to choose from also a play area for kids we stayed there last year and im trying to get booked again this year we stayed in the sol milanos pinguinos which was fabulous and clean its a flintstone theme hotel my little one loved it the grounds are lovely we spent most of our days at the beach they do charge you for the sunbeds but after the first day we just bought our own umbrella and lilos and used them otherwise it works out expensive. The food was lovely we was half board so had lunch in the differant restaurants there was tea making stuff in our room that overllooked the sea it really was a lovely place and not too far from the airport .

hope i have helped and not rambled too much :) where ever you go hope you have a great time :wave:
Also Cala n forcat/Los Delfinos/cala n Blanes which are areas joined together, very flat to walk and all cater for kids too

you can have a nice stroll along of an evening and enjoy the food and drinks in the most friendly places we have been to.
:cheers Dawn
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.