Spain - Canary Islands - Lanzarote Discussion Forums

Discussions regarding holidays in Lanzarote.
toastedmallow

We found that the shopping areas in Lanzarote a poor second to Tenerife. Although the capital Arrecife has a shopping area it is not up to the standards of Santa Cruz De Tenerife or Playa de Las Americas.

There is a little more on offer on Peurto del Carmen. Especially in the Biosfera Shopping Centre near the old town.

Peter
Hi there!

Shopping isn't as varied here as the larger sialnds, as has already been said.

However, the new Rubicon Marina has a number of designer shops now open. Also - the main pedestrianised area has a good selection too - including a shop that sells only white clothes (although I'm not impressed with the quality really).

Avoid the electronics shops... but there's probably about 20 clothes shops in the resort now, and plenty of perfume shops... as well as a few shoe shops. Terali is in the pedetrianised area, and so is a big sports shoe shop. But if you head to the street behind the pedestrianised bit - there's a cracking ladies's shoe shop which always seems to have a sale of some sort on. Posh strappy shoes that cripple us (but that we still NEED) for about 10 or 15 euros. They've also got plenty of handgçbag shops around too... although I don't like these big fussy bags much myself.

Arrecife is well worth a visit - but do remember that they close for siesta... and then it's a ghost town as far as shopping goes.

Happy spending!

Elle xx
Thanks for all the info guys. Sounds ok to me.
Have only been to Gran Canaria & obviously Las Palmas is fantastic but then it's a major city.
I'm not a mad shoppper, but do like to search out something different when I'm away. I'm sure I'll cope. ;)
(Does Arrecife have an El Corte or Mango sort of shops?)
Rapid reply as I'm diving out the door... but Playa Blanca has a Mango. xx
the main shopping street in arrecife has mango and zara,plus a few other spanish boutiques, try vero moda,encuentro and ferra,
puerto del carmen has a small shopping centre,biosfera, (big for here tho!) with all the usual high street names,zara,mango etc, and spanish ones,try a one called camieu,it's abit like next.no primark or new look or matalan tho!! ha ha
there are also bars,restaurants etc here too.
Thanks Marysol for that info.
I'm sure I'll manage to find something in one of those shops!
Only 1 week to go :tup Can't wait to see the island.
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.