America/Canada Discussion Forum

Discussions regarding holidays in America and Canada
While you're waiting for replies do try a search as you'll find a huge amount of Florida info already on the forum ;)

Pippy :)
I stayed for a month in Florida some years ago in the St. Petes Beach/Treasure Island/Clearwater area.
Lots of restaurants and shops and I had a great holiday. I was staying with a friend who lived in the area and we drove to quite a few places including Tampa, Orlando where we stayed a couple of nights then over to the Kennedy Space Center which I found very interesting. I was there from the end of April to the end of May, the weather was lovely though it was getting very hot towards the end of May.
It was quite a long time ago so things have probably changed quite a lot, but considering the fact that I normally don't like beach holidays I found Florida a great place to visit.
Sorry I didn't visit Siesta Key so I can't be of help there.
Hi

If I was you I would avoid Orlando area if you don't like themeparks. You may be better to stay near Tampa as the last person has recommended, it has beaches, shopping etc.
Also Cyprus gardens is a nice day trip, that is Tampa area. Have a look at its web page.

Liz
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.