Turkey Discussion Forum

Discussions regarding holidays in Turkey.
akyaka is lovely, with a fab beach in conservation area so no high rise hotels nor package people, traditional turkish place really lovely scenery , has a lovely riverside with restaurants too. have a look at the gallery ive put loads of photos of akyaka in there, also this link , good luck with where ever you decide

http://akyaka.com/index.php
Bitez is our choice, and we are more than middle aged. :rofl
Have a look at the reports.

Marn.
Kalkan, if you can cope with the hills. Have a look at http://www.enjoykalkan.com for more info.
Oul Deniz, but definately out of the British School holidays. It does have bars though and the odd football shirt, not sure if that makes it chavvy. :think
Akyaka is really nice, love the beach, only went for the day but intend to go back.

Turunc, small resort but enough to occupy you for two weeks,cresent shaped beach, nice scenery depending were you stay, we stayed right on the beach at the very end of resort, amazing views to wake up to, own bit of private beach, loverly at night having a drink by the bar looking out to sea.

Kalkan beautiful but hilly,stayed in pension half way up hill, not much of a beach,loverly bars and shops, Kas next door small but perfectly formed.

Dalyan 20 mins from airport, gorgeous scenery,on the river nice to walk along at night, flat.
Nice beach, gorgeous lake, rock tombs illuminated at night, good boat trips, every thing easy to get to.
Lots of nice places to eat, were ever you go you will find the people are very hospitable.
We all find our own little bit of heaven, even the chav places have good points.

Bodrum is a nice area, but no beach, bit more up market when we went a few years ago.

Avoid Marmaris and Gumbet although Icmeler is a bit chav its still a nice place to stay, plenty going on.
Olu Deniz gets my vote and although Ive never been to either Akyaka and bitez also sound like what you could be looking for .

lyn
Been to most places in turkey ,but now have settled for belek as it is a lot quieter and more laid back ,most of the hotels are right on the beach and they are far enough away from the hustle and bustle ,if we want to go for a meal we just get a cab to say kadriey or belek . Not full of kids os chavs.

Bluepeterno1
Icmeler is my choice. Everything is compact and even though its just a few miles from Marmaris, its not as noisy.

Lots of great bars and restaurants who cater for just about everyone. The music gets turned down at midnight but you can still party on if you wish to.
Have a look at Side - I really liked it for things to do and see, and it has history littered everywhere, as well as good places to eat

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Side
http://www.world66.com/asia/middleeast/turkey/side
Oba or Tosmur ..just outside of Alanya...both quiet and flat resorts with some nice hotels and eating places.. as well as fronting the beach. Alanya town is also nice..for all age groups..
the resorts on the Med coast have a different atmosphere to the aegean..ie marmaris olu deniz bodrum kuÅŸadasÃâ€ΕΎÃ‚± etc....whatever a chav is..(im out of touch with uk jargon)i dont think they are to be found round these parts.
I too would recommend Bitez. I'm not middle aged just yet but I really like it and my parents love it too, they have been loads of times. It has lotys of nice restaurants, a few bars but not relaly noisy ones and a nice beach. It is also really easy to get into Bodrum for a day or night out or if you want to venture further afield on the dolmus.

Shirleyanntr - a chav is a loud mouthed common trashy English person, who shouts and drinks far too much, wears clothes that leave them half hanging out and is generally a disgrace to the British nation :yikes
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.