Algarve/Portugal/Madeira/Azores Discussion Forum

Discussions regarding holidays in the Algarve
Hi, Richo.
Virtually every resort on the Algarve coast is blessed with one or more beautiful beaches.The Portuguese love children who are welcomed almost everywhere, so you'll be struggling to find a resort that can't be described as 'child-friendly'.
As for funfairs.....well,I have to admit that it's many years since I regarded a funfair as a plus point in deciding on a holiday venue, so I'm afraid that I can't help you with that one,but 2 out of 3 ain't bad, is it ? :)
July, being high season, will find lots of street entertainers - clowns, fire-eaters, jugglers,human statues and musicians in most of the major resorts ( certainly Lagos and Albufeira to my knowledge,and,come to think of it, there has been a small carousel in one of Lagos' town squares for the past few years, ) if that counts as kiddies' entertainment in your view.
Hi

I think that either Lagos or Albuferia will be your best resorts for a holiday with children. We went to Praia de Luz when our kids were very young and loved it & there were certainly a lot of families there this summer despite the earlier tragedy.

They are different types of resort, but both are large enough to cater to most holiday tastes. There is a huge array of accommodation types to choose from and with its short flight the Algarve is a very family friendly destination. Lagos has some very nice apartments and Albuferia has some family style hotels used by the big TO's like the Paraiso de Albuferia and I think First Choice are opening one of their holiday villages there this summer.

Two good days out with kids are Slide and Splash and Zoomarine.

Hope this helps, Doe
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.