Greece - Corfu Discussion Forum

Discussions regarding holidays in Corfu.
Hi,
Have a look at San Stefanos NW this resort is great for children and if you want to go into Sidari it is only a short bus ride away.

Cathy
San Stefanos NW is definitley a good choice. Safe sandy beach ,gently shelving sea. The resort does have a pavement in the main street which was only added last year. Having said that the resort is ideal for families and couples as it is so laid back and freindly and no mad dash motorists to worry about if you have to walk in the roadside. No lager louts either and plenty of great apartments and hotels to choosee from with loads of lovely tavernas. The local people are great as well.
Many thanks Cathy and Jules I will take your advice and look at San Stefanos
Ag Stef is a great place for a quiet, bucket and spade family holiday. It has a fabulous big sandy beach, but I would also recommend Acharavi; another sandy beach resort on the north coast east of Sidari. (It has a tree lined paved main road). Acharavi is also a great place for a holiday with children. It is larger than St Stef and has a bit more to offer . It has a small water park Hydropolis a short walk outside the village a good selection of tavernas, and a good choice of excursions should you wish to get out and about to see some of the island.
Sidari is busy, and whilst appealling to families who like some life also has lots of music bars for young couples too. A lot of the accommodation is set well outside the village, so check the location of your apartment before booking if you want to be able to stroll into the village centre.

Greece in general is a fantastic place for a holiday with children. They are welcome everywhere and the idea of children being seen and not heard is unknown! All tavernas will welcome children and even if there is no childrens menu they will always make a special meal or small portion for you.

Have a look at Castaway Travel For Acharavi information and also Travel with Friends to book direct for accommodation in Ag Stefanos and Acharavi.
Good luck with your choice!
I totaly agree with Castaway Acharavi. My wife and I have holidays here every June. The beach is great for children and also for older children ( age eight to eighty). No problems with rowdy drunks or lots of noisy speed boats. Just a normal laid-back family resort. Still plenty to do there,or just lay on the beach and let the world pass by. See you in June, Castaway. Peter Pan is coming! :D :D :D
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.