Goa Discussion Forum

Discussions regarding holidays in Goa.
pedro , I think that your question has struck the fear of God into most on this Forum !! Hence , no replies. NIMBY springs to mind ,LOL.
Sorry , that I cant offer any advice , however I have seen plenty of young children in the North this season , who by the look and sound of them , seem to be thriving.
Perhaps the tour operators could give advice on child friendly resorts in Goa .
we took our 3yr old grand daughter with us 2 yrs ago and she was spoliled rotten by the Goans they really do adore children
sorry i cant help out as with hotels and such guess it depends on your budget as id by guessing say that the 5* hotels will have more facilitys Best beach are south thats for sure as the tide is much calmer and also the beaches tend to be cleaner
We also like Clova theres a nice vibe to the place the evenings are really fun perhaps you could try a beach quite close to colva so you can visit
If you know anybody who is there at the moment they can get hold of maleria medicine for children think its banana flavour but anyway the cost is 20rps then do as you would any where else ie baby wipes water sun block
ect ect
sure theyll have a great time
sharon
The reason I haven't answered your post , till now is that like yourself, I am a Colva fan :)

It's also difficult not knowing the budget, or type of accommodation she is looking for, and as you say the higher the star rating, the better the comfort. In this range the Zuri White Sands, has good pool areas, large well maintained gardens, and direct access to the beach, I stayed there when it was The Radisson

Around Colva there is Beleza on the beach, which is near Betalbatim also has good rooms, and direct beach access. I like the Skylark resort, only small but very clean and has a good size pool.

In Benaulim there's Joecons resort, only been open almost two years, good spacious rooms, nice garden and pool, and the restaurant can be recommended, but a 10min walk to beach, and a bit isolated from the main village.

Sorry I can't be of more help, and hope some of the Cavelossim fans can come up with more ideas.

Good Luck lassi
Many thanks for all your replies. I an assuming their budget will be something in the region of , say, £2000 or less for two weeks. Including flights!
He will be back in UK from a tour in Afghan. I am sure they will want something extremely clean and easy access to beach etc.

As I mentioned before, I like Colva but I can understand why some people dislike it! I love it because it was the very first place I stayed in Goa back in the mid 70's!! Pig toilets and all!!

I reckon the places you mentioned South of Colva would be nice.
Sorrry forgot to say that the Zuri White Sands is at Varca, and the beach is beautiful and quiet, with around four good shacks, we used Glorio's, but could be a little over the budget
There are a few small shack style restaurants, on the road to the Mahindra hotel, otherwise it's a taxi to Benaulim,Colva or Cavelossim.

Are you sure they wouldn't like Colva the Oceanique, was completly refurbished last season, and is now Pearls Oceanique and has been getting good reviews. I think it would be in budget.

xx lassi

Just realised that the reports about the Oceanique, are not from the UK

Also in the South at Mobor, the Holiday Inn would be worth looking at
Hi Pedrogooner we have just returned from Goa with my 3yr grandaughter and 15 month grandson. They spent 5 night's in Candolim and 13 night's in Colva and I have to say Colva was much more relaxing for them. The beach was better for the children playing as there was less people on it and walking around with the pushchair was alot easier as there was alot less traffic. We stayed at the Marina bay beach resort in Candolim and the Skylark in Colva and both were excellent for the children and spotlessly clean, two of the best place's I have stayed in Goa.
Hi,

We took our soon when he was 18ths old and 2 years later when he was 3 and a half. The first time we stayed at the Ronil beach in Baga, as this is where we had stayed 3 times before. He was absolutely fine. We watched what we fed him and occasionally would go out early to get him fed, and then he'd sleep in the buggy when we went and had our meal ( we were with a group of 10 on this occassion. He wasn;t ill for the whole two weeks, I took a small kettle to wash his bottles and cups out with scolding water, and mozzi net for the evenings when he would sleep in his buggy next to us while we were out in the eveing. He loved it and all the locals loved him.

The next time we stayed at the Lagoa Azul in Arpora and again he was absolutely fine and we all had a super time.

Admittedly this was 2005 & 2007, and I am sure things have changed But I would still not hestitate taking my young children there.

Enjoy.

Wish I was there now !!! :(
Thanks everyone for your great advice and help that I have passed on.

Hopefully, they will make their minds up and decide to go!

I just love India and Goa- full stop!!!
Daughter and family have just returned home after staying at the CSM in Baga with the grand children aged two and three and they were here last year but stayed at the MD in Arpora

They picked the CSM this year because of it location just of the beach with a good choice of shacks also good eating places only a short stroll away in the evening.

They liked the MD but found it a pain having to use taxi's in the evenings, where as everything was close by at the CSM and when the kids crashed out in the afternoon one of them could still have a wander around the shops or even just pop to the pool or down the beach for a quick swim or top up of the tan sun

Some places do a children's menu but they found that it was easier to get a small portion of what the kids wanted, normally plain spaghetti or poached fish and rice followed by a plate of water melon for one, papaya and banana salad for the other
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.