Goa Discussion Forum

Discussions regarding holidays in Goa.
We like the Horseshoe restaurant.
It is Portuguese / Goan and is quite small.
It is in the old part of Panjim (Fountainhas) on the Ourem road just before Patto bridge.
The food is always good and service is brilliant.
I love their Fiajorda, a pork and bean stew, very spicy with some of their fresh rolls.

Another in the same area is Viva Panjim, nice location and you can eat outside in the street.
Most popular is Delhi Darbar, near the 'Designer' shops, another place we visited was the Moti Mahal on 18th June Road, and a great place with a nice court yard setting, is The Panjim Inn - open all day. http://www.panjiminn.com/

The Mandovi Hotel at the side of the Mandovi River, is also of high quality, with meals in the main restaurant or on the balcony over looking the river - prices not too bad either.

Have mentioned before on here, that people need to take a good look round Panjim in the day time, there are some very nice little bars and restaurants down many side streets.

P.S a few yards from the Mandovi hotel is the Top Gear bar, nice and clean and great for a cool beer after a hot walk round Panaji.
Hotel Venite, 31 January road (behind the big church) dont be put off by its appearance the food is excellent.
scorpion. :tup
Cheers for that - and keep 'em coming folks ! Panaji is a great place once you get to know your way about, I think there are plenty off here who don't see the place.
Went to Delhi Derbar a couple of nights ago, the first time since our first visit 9 years ago. The service was impeccable but the food was far more inferior than Fidalgo.

We will be trying some of the recommendations here in the future.
is panjim worth a visit one evening,we only went once last year to catch the boat for the cruise and then straight to the delhi derbarso apart going for a meal what else is there to do,thanks, Deb
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.