Goa Discussion Forum

Discussions regarding holidays in Goa.
Panjim Cinema
8 Posts
I went to get out of the heat during April this year.

I had an ice cold beer in the bar and watched Perfect Stranger.

Yeh, I remember getting up for the anthem now you mention it.

There's a great bookshop in the complex also. I bought a book for 380 rupees and the price on the back was £12.99!

Had a great time.
I'm going if there's a bookshop to explore!
Seriously I also like Indian and Bollywood films, my all time favourites are Devdas and Monsoon Wedding both have websites.
Will I need a cardi ?, I was frozen to death in some cinemas in America.
I read on another (older i think) post that the Goans shout, cheer, boo, hiss etc during some of the films. Reading that in addition they stand up for the national anthem this all reminds me very much of Saturday morning pictures when I was young. It sounds great....we will definitely have to go :lol:
lassigirl a cardigan is a a MUST....the A/C is freezing!!
Love the UCI type cinema in Panjim, we saw the last James Bond film there earier this year. What a surprise- it was spotlessly clean (better then UK standards) chilli popcorn was to die for and the Hagen Daz icecream and coffee selection. mmmmm. Expensive by Indian standards so not many locals there ,if I remember right it was about £2.00 per head. We had been forewarned about the A/C so took shawl - boy was it needed.
For the brave, less squemish and tight people (my husband) there is a local cinema right next to the new Vishal Supermarket (great shopping and no bartering yehhh apart from food they do clothes, shoes ,fancy goods etc.,)now that one is something else, our seats had a balcony thing in front wasn't a happy at all-then hubby pointed out the numerous cockroaches crawling along the balcony - boy I was out of there fast and straight into Vishal. OH stayed - well he had paid 50 rupees -!!!! Funny old atmosphere though spitting, yelling etc. and it really was decidedly grubby. I spent small fortune in Visahl, My Dollar shop and chilled out in the Fidalgo Hotel. :yikes That'll teach him !!!
I think it's the local picture house for me, pudd4 and gff , I can manage grubby, shouting etc, but I don't like being frozen , and I'm tight :lol:
I've been to the Inox cinema in Panjim many times. :lol:

I don't mind the cold A/C and I don't mind standing for the national anthem. 8)

However, I detest having to listen to mobile phones ringing, and then they carry on having a conversation during the performance.
It has come close to blows a few times. :shock:
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.