Algarve/Portugal/Madeira/Azores Discussion Forum

Discussions regarding holidays in the Algarve
There's a large cinema complex showing English language films at Algarve Shopping at Guia, near Albufeira. It has 10 screens so if the Da Vinci Code is available it may well show it. You can check what's on in the Algarve Resident - it's not showing yet but you could check just before you go, and there's a phone number you could ring while you're out there.

Hope you have a great holiday.
Just to confirm Rosebuds reply 99% of films are English/American and 99% are in english with Portuguese sub-titles. We always check out whats on when we go. In Lagos the programme starts at 10pm so we have something to eat having pre-booked our seats and go and watch the film in a very comfortable lots of leg room air conditioned seat for about £3.25.
Very nice!
Sorry Roseweb for getting your name incorrect. Just to add its about £3.25 each.
The adult films ie ones suitable for 5 and above are usually in English, it is only films like Ice ages, Shrek etc that have a Portuguese version.

The cinema is cheap compared to the UK and you get loads of leg room. 2 downsides is that the sound isn't amazing and there is an interval!
You can check out wht's coming up, and the times on http://www.castellolopescinemas.com. Click on "cinemas" on the black line just under the logo and when the map appears, click on either Portimao, or Guia depending on which is nearer to where you are stayin, of course.

:D
Is that up to date? I know when I have checked it in the past it has been a week late!
Just to confirm Rosebuds reply 99% of films are English/American and 99% are in english with Portuguese sub-titles.

Oh that's OK then, I thought I may have to watch it with english subtitles :)

watch the film in a very comfortable lots of leg room air conditioned seat for about £3.25

Wow, that sounds fab. in comparison to what cinema's we are used to!

The cinema is cheap compared to the UK and you get loads of leg room. 2 downsides is that the sound isn't amazing and there is an interval!

That's not all that bad, the sound is rubbish here where we live ayway, and I always have to go to the loo half way through anyway so the interval won't bother me :lol:

Thanks for all the help again everyone, this forum is so helpful for anything you throw in!
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.