Turkey Discussion Forum

Discussions regarding holidays in Turkey.
Kath,

It can be quite expensive to use mobiles. The cheapest is to buy phone card then use the public phones. You can get the cards from local shops in various amounts.

Darren
phone card definitely the way to go

I still got mine from last year with money left on it! It was 10 lira and phoned home 3 times and they weren't short calls so you really do get value for money on them and all phones take them.

Just don't do what i did - pick the phone next to the main road and could hardly hear a blooming thing lol!!! x
I agree, the phonecards come in various sizes but you seem to get ages even for 5TL. Just make sure you always have one in your purse/wallet, it doesn't matter if you have some left you can always use it another holiday.
Definitely phone cards as the others have said.
Phone card. I bought one last year and they are excellent value for money. I got the cheapest card and it lasted me for 3 phone calls home.
I always buy a 10 lira phone card, and if there is still credit left on it when I go home, its still okay to use the following year.
Thanks all, so where do I buy them from ? I will be in Marmaris.

Kath x
Kath,

They're available in many shops, mini-markets for example that are on most streets. You'll not have a problem getting one.

Darren
brilliant kath, thanks for asking......

i will also be needing to phone home from turkey.....

what code will i need to use along with my normal area code please?

i cant say i have ever noticed phone for use on the street :que
The code for calling the UK from most countries abroad is 0044 then drop the 0 from the area code, eg for London 0044 208 1234.

luci :wave
we always used the phone cards much cheaper than mobiles, we also used to use the one on the main road not far from our apartments and then we would use the loose change .........that was 5 years ago so things might have changed
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.