Turkey Discussion Forum

Discussions regarding holidays in Turkey.
This is the one I have been using

http://www.meteor.gov.tr/2006/english/eng-turkiye.aspx

I am off tomorrow, looks like rain at the weekend :cry:

Just had a look at the web cam in olu deniz and looks quite cloudy this morning. Fingers crossed that the weather is okay.
I use weather underground.... quite reliable.
Try this for a 10 day forecast. This one is for the antalya region

http://uk.weather.com/outlook/travel/vacationplanner/weather/tenday/TUXX0004?x=19&letter=A&y=5

This one is for the dalaman region

http://uk.weather.com/outlook/travel/vacationplanner/weather/tenday/TUXX0060?x=19&letter=D&y=5

and this one is for the mugla region

http://uk.weather.com/outlook/travel/vacationplanner/weather/tenday/TUXX0057?x=19&letter=M&y=5

its easy to find a area, just lick on holiday planner, the world region and then the county. Kust click on the letter where you want go and a list of places come up. It tends to airports for the region.
Caits06

I am keeping close eye on it too! Going to turgetries on 22nd Oct and really hoping for a good week, about 25 and sunny would be perfect!!
thanks everyone, weather underground is showing low 70's for monday so would be quite happy with that, met check not so good.

sarah are you also going to aegean dream ? we will just miss each other, we come back on 22nd, have never been to turkey before so looking forward to it, now just hope forecasts improve :)
No i have never been to turkey either! We are going with XL courtesey of saving Tesco clubcard vouchers!!

Had a couple of nasty chest infections in last 3 months (pleurosy) and just want some nice sunshine!!

I have read some good, and not so good things about Aegean Dreams, keeping fingers crossed it will be nice! On balence the reviews are mainly positive and going out of high season should alleviate the problems with sunbeds round the pool being taken up. I emailed the hotel and they assure me everything is still running as normal and will be when we are there!

Hope you have a good time too, X
I find the Turkish Meteorological Service the most accurate for weather in Turkey.Sorry I cant do the link but if you put it in google it should come up.
thanks jaytrip i will check that one as well.

sarah, did you book direct with hotel ? i am also starting to save clubcard points for next year.
I will post from the hotel how it is so you can see before you go, hope you have a good time too :)
No didn't book direct did it with Xl.com. I did have some queries regarding opening of resturants etc late season and interconnecting rooms as we are taking a 16 and 13 year old with us and found them to be very helpful.
hi just a quick question can you use club cards towards your hoiday,i never new that if so, where does it say it????

sallington
Hi sallington

Basically your cubcard vouchers that you get quarterley are worth 4 times as much in deals and you can just keep saving them up and then convert them into deals. Don't convert them until you know which company you want to use as they have a shorter validity date once converted. We converted ours to XL however they are pulling out of the scheme but it still leaves Virgin & Cosmos.

I had been saving mine for about 18 months and £260 worth of vouchers which when converted was £1040 towards a holiday! I only had to put £200 towards it for a family of 4 (all adults) to Aegean! Never travelled with Xl before mind!!

if you want to know more about the deals, pm me and I will give you some links to some useful webstes where you can research more on how to use the clubcard scheme - its addictive mind!!
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.