Goa Discussion Forum

Discussions regarding holidays in Goa.
Thank you for taking the time to write your report.
Thanks for the detailed report.I love the idea of going DIY but cannot face the trip to Heathrow from The Wirral where we live.

Looked at Qatar from Manchester but the prices have gone ballistic.

Glad you enjoyed the HBR it is one of the better places to stay.

Papa
Thanks for the report, we are going DIY for the first time in jan 2010.
Heathrow/Kingfisher like yourself, so i was pleased to read the comments on how that part of your trip went

We will be in Goa same time as you so may bump into you both at one of the meets

GM06
Ian
Hi Dawn

We're also going DIY Kingfisher at the end of Jan for the first time, dont have a lot of time for the transfer at mumbai to Goa, so good to hear that it seems like they are pretty efficient. when flying back, do you go domestic terminal at Goa, then pick luggage up at mumbai and transfer to international?

We used to go to Tiger Trail all the time too, when Yannis was running it. Havent been to Goa for three years, so be interesting to se the changes

Nanette
nice report hun thanks for taking the time to post :)
Goa 6 that was great reading thanks im glad it all went so well .....we also will be in Goa same time as you in 2011 so if your meeting gm06 we want to come too :rofl :rofl colleen
I fancy going DIY myself but the other half isn't keen. The problem is no direct flight and having to change etc. The flights I've seen have all been quite expensive and you have to pay up front instead of 11 weeks before. Goa can be done in 9 hours while on some scheduled flights your talking 21 hours! Ok if your going for a month or two but not a fortnight. 11 days to go and counting!!! Great report.
Great report Dawn - glad that everything went well for you.
We too are flying with Kingfisher via Mumbai with minimum transfer time so it was good to hear that everything went smoothly.

Just one question - you said that the food wasn't to your taste - were you offered a choice?
It seems a long while to go without food, so we want to be prepared if the airline food is not nice :)
Nice report Dawn - where is the English Rose ? Is it at the bottom of Holiday Street, and is Pete you mention who used to run the roof top bar, Countryside Inn ?
Spike.
Dawn think I have had one to many honeybees I am not going to 2011 and reading back its 2010 your off :cheers :cheers :cheers colleen
Spike English Rose is turn left at Teama's past Coyot'as then its the english rose next to the monte villa guest house.
Its at the bottom of the beach road.
And yes pete is the one who used to work at Countryside Inn..
Thanks, thought it was that way, will be good to catch up with Pete again, I did hear last season he was at a bar opposite the Stonehouse, but couldn't find him.
Loved your report Goa6 and have a good trip in a few weeks.
great report thanks :tup we went to the quiz at English Rose too this week our team are the toerags :rofl it was great fun!!
regards the kingfisher flights absolutely fine with the limited transfer time, we even had time to spare for a quick ciggy!! its very organised and our best flight yet
chilly
Sorry for the late reply to the questions,

Javelin ... there was a choice of menue on the flight, its just that my husband doesn't like any spicey foods & although I am vegitarian, I don't like curry.We plan to take some food on board with us this time.

Nanatte447 ... We travelled domestic from Goa, checked our cases in & we didn't see them again until we landed at Heathrow.The Mumbia international airport has lots of resteraunts, Pizza hut, Kentucky fried Chicken, coffee days etc & a reasonable duty free.All very easy and straight forward.Hope this helps.

Dawn
On the flight out where you able to buy perfume or alcohol from Heathrow
We had planned to put this in our cases before checking luggage in for the Mumbai Goa flight because of the liquid 100ml rule?

GM06
Ian
Hi Ian,

We didn't do it ourselves.However, you have to pass through the duty free with your cases, so you could buy duty free.You have to pass through a case scanning check before you take your luggage to be booked in with the airline.We did see some people stopped to have their cases scanned , but we were just ushered through by the Kingfisher rep.Just a point, you are not allowed to buy duty free goods when you land in Goa.We made this mistake, but we know for this time.

Dawn
Thanks for the response Dawn - we don't like spicy food either so it looks like a good meal at the airport before we fly would be a good idea.
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.