Goa Discussion Forum

Discussions regarding holidays in Goa.
Betty's place
33 Posts
I am sure you could stay at the Palm Grove, Cavelossim also check out http://www.bettysgoa.com
You could try Sao Domingos guest house, a 5 minute taxi-ride from Bettys. Very clean and reasonable at £10 per person per night, inclusive of breakfast.

Take a look at

http://www.saodomingosgoa.com

Hope this helps.
hi Madaboutgoa, does Edwin put his prices up at christmas?.. because he's charging us £20 a room, he wanted £25 originally but got a fiver off after a bit of haggling. am i still paying too much? thanks
Hi there. Not sure whether Edwin's ups his prices at Christmas. We went in both February and April of this year and were charged £20 per room, but this is inclusive of full breakfast, aircon, refridgerator and safety deposit box. I think what he's charging is very reasonable. Also the food at the restaurant is fantastic.

Hope you have an enjoyable stay!!
thanks madaboutgoa, it would help if i had read your first post properly i read it as £10 a room instead of per person, sorry, i need a holiday :shock: ...thanks for the reply.
Hi,
Myself and my OH are going to Goa for the first time in Dec so I have been reading all i can - LOVE this site!!

I have found details of Betty's Place, we will be staying in Candolim, can anyone recommend this place?

Thank you. x
Hi,
As you are staying in Candolim its a long way to Betty,s Place
its in South Goa Cavelossim and will take you about 1hr 20mins
by taxi depending on the traffic.
We stayed in Cavelossim and went on one of Betty,s boat trips
really worth going just for that[great day out] :lol: :lol:
Ann
We like going to Bettys place when we stay in south Goa, it is a nice clean place with lovely food, but we only go there because there are very few really nice places in the south, when you are in Candolim there is a much wider choice of nice places to eat, so in my opinion the 45min to 1 hour taxi ride at about 800 rupees is a waste of money
:shock: :shock: :D
but we only go there because there are very few really nice places in the south

Think you might have a few die hard South lovers who disagree with you there Lynndan. What about the beach shacks? :wink :D
A few good eating places in the South

Try Goan Village
Mikes Place
River View
Golden Eye
some of these also have good beach shacks
ANN :lol:
Also Palm Grove,
Dom's
Fishermans Wharf,
Joecons,
Johncy's,
Hawaai,
Banjara,
Gaylin,
Venice Garden,
Martins Corner,
Pedros'
Tato's
oh the list goes on....... :wink:
Hi Adventurehound

If you look on the thread "Members Favourite Restaurants" it will give you some idea of the best places to eat in Candolim, and also other areas of Goa both north and south.

Debs
Hey guys :wink:

Anyone know if Betty's Place does the boat trips in Mid October?(and is open? :shock: )

x
Try e mailing or phoning through their website http://www.bettysgoa.com They will be open and I would think boat trips maybe on the River Sal rather than the sea due to tides in October.
I emailed but have had no reply... :?

maybe i will wait a bit longer... :D
They'll be on Goan time :wink: I'm sure they will get back to you eventually if not I'll find out for you.
Thankyou, i tried phoning but no answer.

Only thing is theres this flight deal, i need to book by 15th to get cheap flights but i dont wanna book unless know Betty's is open and running...im having mild worries that october will be grim :roll:
The holiday season seems to start at the begining of
Nov i would imagine Oct to be quiet
ANN :lol:
October is very quiet on Benaulim beach, no shacks, no sellers, and no noisy brits F-ing and blinding and pewking on the beach, just lovely and quiet
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.