Spain - Costa Del Sol/Gibraltar Discussion Forum

Discussions regarding holidays in the Costa Del Sol.
There is possibly a better rate to be had directly across the main road to San Miguel St. I always use it.Its in a travel agents just down from the Bailey Irish and Galloping Major.
i had the same sort of problem in benidorm earlier this year, you have to keep your wits about you and ask how much will i get for 100 pounds or something like that i guess

now though i use atm machines with my nationwide card
HI ,yes I agrre use he atm and change to euros in britain, save the scams, cheers maxie :D
Yes since the euro came in its only us Brits they can make money from. I get my Euros in M & S before I go, never seen a better rate in resort on my last 3 trips.
Hotels are worse, I saw one Irish lady cash a 100 euro traveller cheque and got 93 euros in cash. Good deal I don't think so...... but too late to complain when they have put it through the till. Its a rip off.

Take Euros and your cards, thats my advice.
How do you get euros from M&S ???

I was quoted 141 yesterday at Thomas Cooks, and 138 at Going Places.

If you use your bank card, what rate do you think you would get then ???
Do you think its worth opening up a Nationwide Account ??, I did think I saw a program on the telly, that they were the best ones, to use in Spain.???

What do you all think then :?: :?: :?:
For general advice and recommendations on currency exchange, please check out the following topic in General Holiday Enquiries:

http://www.holidaytruths.co.uk/viewtopic.php?t=35796

David :wave
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.