Turkey Discussion Forum

Discussions regarding holidays in Turkey.
We went to Bitez a few years ago for the last week of October, half-term, so a week later. While we were there, as the week went on, the restaurants started to shut for the winter. So day by day there were slightly fewer to choose from. However, when we arrived I think they were all still open, so should be for you. The water park was closed for the winter. They were still running the boat trips and excursions. We did the jeep safari on the Friday and they said it was the last one for that year. The weather was wonderful all week. Solid blue skies and very warm but not overwhelmingly hot. We had a fantastic week.
We go to Bitez every October, some of the hotels and restaurants will be closing, but there are still plenty to choose from, and the waiters, chefs take their time, IMHO the food is better at this time. The weather is still warm enough to swim, and it's cool enough overnight to get a really good sleep.
Post edited for copyright reasons, as material from other websites should not be reproduced on the forums.
David HT Mod
Hi everyone, thanx for the help!

Still not sure which week to go for :duh

Managed to see Istanbul's posting before it was deleted and it does seem considerably cooler in Oct :think

My other half has now said he's not sure which week he can get off from work, so that could well be the deciding factor, unless I go alone!

Del
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.