Spain - Costa Brava Discussion Forum

Discussions regarding holidays in the Costa Brava.
We were in Blanes at the beginning of August 2005. It was very busy. (but not as busy as neighbouring Lloret.) We were there for the annual firework festival which really is something! Every evening for about 10 days, thousands upon thousands of tourists came to claim their spot on the promenade to get a good view of the free show. Once the festival finished though it was much quieter.

Monday is market day, which is really nice.

As for Marineland I've never been so can't comment.
I'm with candida. Like everywhere in August, Blanes has many visitors. However there will be plenty of space on the beach (You won't even be able to see the sand in Tossa or Lloret). Plenty of nice bars and restaurants.
When is the festival and the firework displays? :?:
This year I believe it starts on July 21st. It lasts for quite a few nights.

The festival really is incredible! It attracts so many people that the beach and seafront area are completely packed with bodies. You need to get there pretty early to get a good spot.

It doesn't start till about 10pm and lasts about an hour or so.
Blanes is pretty busy in august but no different to any other resort then , we have been going to blanes for 2 years in august and we are going again this year but a little earlier , 11 days time to be exact , last year in august we found it to be mainly groups of dutch and french student type tourists , not many english at all ,however this was not a problem , they were some of the nicest people you could meet , eager to practice their english with you over a drink in the bar , if your thinking groups of lager louts you could nt be further from the truth so dont let that put you off .
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.